3FE Fuel Supply Problem - I FIXED IT! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok so suggestions on IR guns and secondary temp gauges? also on a side note i had starting issues and turned out it was just corrosion so make sure your connections are clean. my truck seams to corrode a lot. got some good battery terminal protector so we will see how this helps. getting in to the gauges next.

ok so suggestions on IR guns and secondary temp gauges? also on a side note i had starting issues and turned out it was just corrosion so make sure your connections are clean. my truck seams to corrode a lot. got some good battery terminal protector so wel

I replaced my fuel pressure regulator and my 62 started right up, so that's a huge improvement. Now it idles around 2000 rpm. I know that's too high, but everything I read says idle is controlled by ECU and there's mechanical adjustment. If that is correct, what would cause high idle? And what is correct idle rpm for the 3FE? I've read as low as 650 rpm. Seems extremely low.

Mmm. Vacuum leak for starters. spray with carb cleaner all around. Idle changes, leak exists.

Also test and calibrate the throttle position sensor. Sometimes they get dirty and stick.
After I replaced my fpr I cleaned and set my tps. Then once the idle was closer to spec I set the timing

tps signal is mui importante for idle speed. cracked intake hoses can also do this...

ok so I knows its been a while guys so sorry for absence but money and finals get in the way, after starting a new job and now have a bit more income, I'm about to order a fpr. and install a mechanical temp gauge. the stock ones seam clear of grime but screw the idiot gauges i want to know whats really going on. so the only place i can find an fpr is cruiser parts but I've been hearing bad things. suggestions? also ill check the tps, ox sensors, and cold start injectors. does removing the thermostat help wist over heating to get it to the shop on a 3fe or is it like the 2f and have a by pass valve. any way keep y'all posted.

ok guys my truck is no longer dead my donkey lives again!!
so the fuel issue was the fpr and cruiser parts got me one quick and that issue is no more. the over heating was a bad thermostat and low coolent. i thought it was full cause i could see it in the radiator cap but when i took apart the tstat housing it was dry. any way know to look for that now. only issue is i have a slow leak of coolent now at the tstat housing. what gives? gasket or no gasket? how to i stop this. is this a torque issue?

Reviving an old thread and an old truck. Ming Lives! I had almost given out trusty old Ming up for parts until I dropped in a used FPR. The truck fired right up. The best 3 bolt fix I've ever made. OK so it was 7 bolts if you count moving the bracket for the AI. Now to see about the aftermarket replacment that cruiserparts.net has listed on their web site.

ok my cold start timer is fine but the slot where the is screws in to the stat house hase missing threads. where do u get this odd nut that screws into the housing and holds the timer switch. or can i just hold it in with some moldable putty

Thanks for the info Yooper. I forgot to add this as part of what I did in my previous post. I have the Fp and B+ jumped at the diagnostics port so the fuel pump runs when then key is turned to bulb check. When I do this I get fuel at the fuel filter and cold start injector, but not at the FPR return line which is making me think the FPR is stuck. I have tried cranking the engine after doing what I did above thinking it would reset the check ball and after removing the jumper, but still no start just cranking.
Hi Ck, I’m having the same issue, did you ever figure this out?

Hi Ck, I’m having the same issue, did you ever figure this out?
Replacing the fuel pump ended up solving my issue. Funny enough is that I’m having the same issue again now and I’m at the same point in that I’m going to end up replacing my fuel pump again. Should’ve gone OEM the first time.

Replacing the fuel pump ended up solving my issue. Funny enough is that I’m having the same issue again now and I’m at the same point in that I’m going to end up replacing my fuel pump again. Should’ve gone OEM the first time.
Your fuel pump was working but weak?

Your fuel pump was working but weak?
That’s what I’m thinking was the problem then and is again. I’ll replace the filter again when I do the pump, but with OEM.

Cranking but not start. Would try to run on starter fluid, but wouldn’t run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom