3-speed coarse spline t-case nose cone needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone work on these rears(4runner)? I have it out to lock it and found out its an 88+ v6 rear. Was gonna weld it but that dosen't look like an option. Spool is next on the list but I dont know how to set up the gears. Would love to learn and can barter, buy beer, or something for the help/ lessons.

never set up gears myself, sorry man... someone may have that skill. What kinda locker? Why can't you weld that particular rear end? Welding the spider gears seems straight forward?

Does anyone work on these rears(4runner)? I have it out to lock it and found out its an 88+ v6 rear. Was gonna weld it but that dosen't look like an option. Spool is next on the list but I dont know how to set up the gears. Would love to learn and can barter, buy beer, or something for the help/ lessons.

you should be able to get an aussie locker for about $240...and if the v6 thirds are the same as the 4cyl's then there would be no need to reset the backlash

if you buy a spool, the gears dont exactly need to be set up, just the backlash and the contact pattern, if someone has a good torque wrench to retorque the ring gear bolts and carrier bolts, then setting backlash is easy, i could do it for ya but that'd be a sorta long drive for not a whole lotta work

The mini truck part of this forum gave me great info. I think I can pull this off(fingers crossed.)

The issue with the V6 rear is its a four spider diff. No large access window. When I get it apart I'll know better. Not Quite like the 40 which I could pull, weld, and reinstall in an afternoon.:doh:

Ugh, V6 carrier is nothing like the 4 cyl. It has to be removed and dissasembled to do anything with. No big windows. Only little quarter size ones. To weld it I would have to buid something to keep the 4 spiders in alingment. Easier to spool.

Also, Aussie doesn't make a locker for the "V6/turbo rear.

Guess I'm learning to set up gears on the fly.:eek:

Thanks for the heads up, but I always goop them. I have the stuff I used to use on the semi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom