3-speed coarse spline t-case nose cone needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So was Sean right in his trail diagnosis? Sounds like he was. Right on man.:cool:

Are you coming to the trail ride Sean? If so, that would be great if you can bring it..

Actually, I am not sure of the trail diagnosis. Fact of the matter is that around three of the bolts to the nose cone housing, it was broken. The sleeve on the inside and the shaft were both in fine condition, no metal shaving laying there or in the gear oil. There was about 1/2 of play in the mounting of the housing since the three of five bolts were not able to tighen it to the case, so I am thinking I torqed it bretty good, well enough to break the housing but not hard enough to mess up the shaft. It would not shift in due to the play....

jeff if you still need one we have a 3speed t/case out of a 71'fj40...................aaron

Jeff Sorry We Didn't Make It To Raush Creek Aaron's Tow Rig Kicked A Chk Eng. Code It's A 06 Dodge Ram Cummins...didnt Want To Take Chance With New Truck Maybe Next Trip .... Will Let Him Know About T/case... Later Today When I See Him ................john

Thanks again Sean, and thank your wife again for meeting me at the mall... what a mess Camp Hill is at rush hour!!!!! unfamiliarity with the roads spelled DOOM for my hopes of finding your house : (

I got this place at the right time for the right price, but it never crossed my mind about the traffic until after I moved in. You should see it arouund christmas.:eek:

And your very welcome.

Now get her back together. I took the 4-runner off the road to build a dedicated trail rig.(cheaper parts than the 40) So hopefully I'll have it done for the next run. Wife is going to wheel the 40. She's kinder and gentler.

Hoping to sas. Just ordered a Marlin crawler 4.70 transfer case and am going to take the rear to work and weld the spiders(sold the Mack, got a welding job).

Got to find a pick up to pull the 4-runner and drive to work. 90 miles a day seems to be a bit much for the 40, although she's been behaving very well so far.:cool:

dude you suck i will see my old 4runner crawl right over me just kiddin that is cool let me know if you have any ?s i did alot of research on sas when i had it there is alot of good kits out there but you can fab it your self let me know i am right down the street everyday later

Well, got the transfer case all fixed up and working, now the seal on the end of the nose cone is leaking steadily : (

At least I know the assembly inside and out so it shouldn't be too bad. Any suggestions on replacing the seal/race?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom