2nd LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked her up. 155k on the clock garage kept, never off-road, lady owned 2002 model. Plans are new BFG all terrains, (interested in rim suggestions), take off the running boards and replace with Slee sliders, front window tint, and in dash head unit + speakers upgrades. Any suggestions are appreciated, mainly help with in dash head unit options! This is my 2nd LX and I would like to hold on to this one as my first one was totaled (hit from behind). I would like to get a little more height out of the torsion bars or ACH override, need help! Thank you all this forum is the best!
IMG-6418.jpg
IMG-2606.jpg
IMG-6415.jpg
IMG-2609.jpg

IMG-2626.jpg

Nice find! What did you get her for if you don't mind sharing?
I vote keep the rims and throw some 285/75 meats on there.

Nice find! What did you get her for if you don't mind sharing?
I vote keep the rims and throw some 285/75 meats on there.
I found it in Austin Tx. As far as the tires/rims, I agree and like the OEM look as well. No problems with rubbing with that size? Thank you for your quick response!

Last edited:
I found it in Austin Tx when the owner was on the side of the road with a flat. We got to talking and his wife was looking for something new. A month later, picked it up. As far as the tires/rims, I agree and like the OEM look as well. No problems with rubbing with that size? Thank you for your quick response!
No issues at all. I along with many others run that size (285/75R16).

Great find, typical Austin LX used as a family vehicle/people-mover. Let the mods begin! And if you ever need help wrenching, let me know!

Hard to tell the color....but in the first pic it looks like Smoky Topaz Mica (paint code 1C2). If so....keep it out of the sun or you risk base coat pigment fade.

I am partial to the 2nd gen Sequoia 18" wheels. Probably because I snagged a set for $75 (2018 Sequoia) but these show up on Craigslist often for sub $100. Plus your center caps will snap on with no issues.

PXL_20210124_003006216.jpg

PXL_20210124_003016560.jpg

Decided to go with the BFG All Terrain KO2's 285/75/16 & couldn't be happier

View attachment 2761228

Take it through some thick mud and let us know how you like them after that. ;)

Thankfully most of CenTex is Limestone, dry dirt and water crossings.....should be excellent for those. 👍

Great tire for many folks under many conditions, mud is not one of them.....just letting you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom