2nd Gen Sequoia: Adding more cross bars to the factory roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
I got a hair brained idea today that it might be nice to have 1 or two more factory cross bars. I sometimes put the cargo bag for extra luggage on the roof.
  • Has anyone else done that?

I'm not really in the market for safari style roof baskets, nor would it fit in my garage. I saw options for "flush" roof rack kits, which look "Tacticool" but I don't need a $1000 solution for a once a year problem.

I saw these, which seem to fit in the factory rails: LFD Offroad "RUGGEDIZED" crossbar
  • Not sure how far I trust them.

I figured I may find used cross bars being sold by someone that installed one of those rooftop racks.

That's what I was thinking I would do. Definitly doens't change the capacity, just spreading the load across more members and giving me more options like you said.

I tried to take my two stock crossbars off but couldn't remove the plastic caps to unscrew the roof rack...funny how I want to take mine off and you want to add more.

I have the LFD bars to support my Thule box. They are nice and solid, but very noisy. I did not get the front bar and probably should but it wasn’t in stock when I ordered. I used some stick on vortex generators on the roof to cut down the wind noise. The factory crossbars are trash by the way, way too flexy and weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom