2F engine rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any local machine shops they recommend (or any to avoid) for a 2F engine rebuild? Scott at Avid Cruisers says mine is on the ropes. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any local machine shops they recommend (or any to avoid) for a 2F engine rebuild? Scott at Avid Cruisers says mine is on the ropes. Thanks!
Sorry, i dont have any recommendations, nor am I in Phoenix, but I would be keen to see a rebuild thread. Would he awesome to have an account of the process.

Dave at automotive machine of Scottsdale is refreshing my 3Fe head right now. Says he’s backed up for months on blocks though. Might be an option if you’re not in a rush.

Dave at automotive machine of Scottsdale is refreshing my 3Fe head right now. Says he’s backed up for months on blocks though. Might be an option if you’re not in a rush.
Thank you! I was hoping for something sooner but it sounds like most folks are backed up right now.

Yep, Scott had a relationship at Precision. So they rebuilt it and it's going in this week. Will let you know how it goes.

Yep, Scott had a relationship at Precision. So they rebuilt it and it's going in this week. Will let you know how it goes.

Curious the cost? Been years but rebuilt a few F engines in the past. Sent crank and head to a machine shop. Rest did myself. 2F is actually easier since the crank main bearings do not require shims.

Curious the cost? Been years but rebuilt a few F engines in the past. Sent crank and head to a machine shop. Rest did myself. 2F is actually easier since the crank main bearings do not require shims.
$8k 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ouch! Did they replace many parts with new OEM ones? I'm from a different time. I could afford the $8K but could never bring myself to spend it.
Yes, all new parts. They were so hard to get so I think that played into the pricing.

Was the engine in that bad of shape that major components needed to be replaced?
It had a head gasket leak and figured it’d be expedient, albeit expensive, to have a whole new rebuilt motor so I could start with a clean slate. The 45 year old engine was all original as far as I know. Decided to take the plunge.

It had a head gasket leak and figured it’d be expedient, albeit expensive, to have a whole new rebuilt motor so I could start with a clean slate. The 45 year old engine was all original as far as I know. Decided to take the plunge.
I’m in need of a rebuild. Would you DM me his contact info? Maybe we can get a group parts buy. 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom