2f alt bracket doesnt work with f alt. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bolted up the 2f alternator bracket to my f engine. Bolted the f alternator to the bracket, but it doesnt quite fit perfect. The tensioner hits the alt blades, and the pulley isnt out far enough to line up with the water pump pulley and harmonic balancer. ANy ideas? should i get a different alternator pulley or maybe a 2f alternator?? Also need my sag ps pump pulley shimmed to the front of the cruiser to line up with the 2f harmonic balancer out narrow pulley. This mod is a pain PITFA!!!

Uh....p/s pump usually aligns with the inboard pulley, and alternator with the outboard pulley.

As for the alternator, the tensioner is sometimes an issue, but not always. It is definitely EASIER with a 2F alternator.

Is your alt pulley a wide or narrow style. I only ask because it sounds like you may have a 73-74 balancer with the narrower outboard pulley. That gives you another option for dealing with alt pulley issues.

Best

Mark A.

Got the 74 balancer with narrow outboard pulley. Ps narrow pulley needs to move out about 3/4" to line up. The alt pulley is wide belt, and looks like it would line up with the water pump pulley if it was a double pulley, but its only single. I could get a double WP pulley, run the alt to the outboard WP pulley, inboard balancer to the inboard WP pulley, then a 3rd belt from narrow outboard balancer to narrow PS. 3 belts a little much??

Got it figured out. Shimmed the Ps pump forward so those pullies line up now. Flipped the alt towards the rear of the bracket and it lines up with the wp pulley and inboard balncer now. Got one belt on, the other is ordered. Finally. Thanks for the help.

Benjitis--- could you post some pics of how you mounted your PS pump and how it sets in relation to your fan shroud? I am currently getting set up to do almost the same thing as you. I already have my alt moved to the pass side and working using a CS130 alt running off the bigger inboard groove and am looking for ideas of how to fab up a mount for my PS pump. I plan to use a remote reservoir pump off an Astro, mounted low so that hopefully I will have room for some kind of air pump to set above it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom