295/70R18 on LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OEMGUY0720

Der liebe Gott steckt im detail
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone. I was trying to search for a similar topic with this but couldn't find any...

I am planning to change tires soon, would like to max out the tire size uing OE 18" rims , was wondering if anybody has fitted a 295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers or Cooper STT PROs.

Will the 295/70R18 mud terrain tires' side walls rub on the UCA?
If the side walls will hit the UCA, wheel spacers/adapters and what's the thickness to clear it?
With or without wheel spacers/adapter, will the tread of the tires hit the plastic splash guard or even the OE side step on Neutral height setting?

--2006 LX470 on AHC

Thanks in advance!

My cousin on 2.5 OME lift has 295 STT Pros - no issues

I am also interested in this. I’ve seen where you can run the 295s with the 2.5” lift, but what about no lift like the OP asked or a 1.5” Lift.

I am also interested in this. I’ve seen where you can run the 295s with the 2.5” lift, but what about no lift like the OP asked or a 1.5” Lift.
If they rub without a lift they will rub with a lift too, doesn't matter if its 1.5" or 2.5". Unless you are talking about a body lift. A body lift is the only way to get "real" additional tire clearance with our rigs.

I have that size in the Ridge Grapplers, I have no problems with SPC upper control arms, but I would if they were factory. I don't run any spacers.
It takes alot of trimming of the fender liner and hammering on the pinch weld, but they work with just about zero rubbing.
They are worth it, but you can feel the heft of the tire when you are driving.

Is the 2.5” OME lift equivalent to the “High” AHC setting? I love the AHC for now and don’t see taking it off anytime soon.

305/65r18’s?

No direct experience but a good friend of mine tried 295/70’s with AHC in high mode and he couldn’t get it to clear. He went down to 285/70’s and all is well. I’m not sure which tires he has used.

Or to put it in a better context for this topic is: What is the biggest tire size I would be able to use without putting on wheel spacers/adapters or trimming any part of the fender or splash guard or side steps.

305/65r18’s?

305/65R18 —> wider than 295s by 10mm
295/70R18 —> not as wide than 305 but taller by 5mm on the aspect ratio (more side wall)

I would like to fit the tallest I could without wheel spacers or cutting any plastic or metal parts.

Check the FAQ

I was going to start a pic thread, but maybe a mod can change the title for us.

I searched on here long before I ordered these and were confident they would fit.

THEY DEFINITELY FIT:

2" Ironman Lift and Ironman TBs, BORA 2" Spacers, Pinch Weld Mod, 295/70r18 Atturo XT:

VqmHTST.jpg

SNX6oHX.jpg

295/70R18 installed today. Falken AT3W
AHC, pinch weld smashed, extended bumpstops
Fits great now!
View attachment 2580266
Do you think these would fit w/ the side steps still on? I have the same setup as you and wondering if I can wait to remove the side steps or if I'll need to remove them prior to throwing the tires on. I will remove them, just not sure I'll have time before adding the tires. Also will do pinch weld mod, but figure I can drive a couple days with the tires rubbing a bit if needed.

Last edited:
Do you think these would fit w/ the side steps still on? I have the same setup as you and wondering if I can wait to remove the side steps or if I'll need to remove them prior to throwing the tires on. I will remove them, just not sure I'll have time before adding the tires. Also will do pinch weld mod, but figure I can drive a couple days with the tires rubbing a bit if needed.
Sorry no idea, never had the steps. If they stick out more than the pinch weld there's a good chance they'll rub!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom