24V charger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the bulbs and everything else was 24 volt, not true?

The only thing that should not be 24V is the beam light and the 2 dashs light (the one above the dash knoob and the one above the heater position / control)

I'm not going into this discussion but want to say that if you connect all batteries straight with no taps you will be perfectly fine. Google for "battery banks" and the world opens up on series and parallel hook ups.
Here are a few example pics:

battery bank.jpg battery bank 2.jpg battery bank 3.jpg

Do you think that these batteries are rotated every now and then????
Just food for discussion :cheers:

Rudi
battery bank.jpg
battery bank 2.jpg
battery bank 3.jpg

I use a 24-volt charger which eliminates the hassle of splitting the batteries and resetting the radio and clock. I have wired in a two conductor trailer conductors to make it a quick connection. I leave it on float charger mode for extended periods of inactivity.
A 12 volt battery has 6 cells connected in series and a 24 volt battery has 12 cells either as two batteries or in one case.

Schauer JAC0724 24 Volt 7 Amp Battery Charger | ChargingChargers.com

While not 24 volt, if you are running two 12 volt batteries in series to make 24v (say in a BJ73), the Noco Genius 5x2 or Noco Genius Gen2 Mini are good options. They can be installed in the engine compartment and left hooked up to your batteries and simply plugged in to the wall for maintenance.

Not linked in FAQ:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom