24,500lb kinetic overkill for 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Theres a 24.5k lb 20' Voodoo rope for sale near me new for $50. I figured at about 4x gvw it might be a little much, but better to be heavier rated than too light. And once I start building my 100 more I might need it?

I would say that’s perfect and not overkill by that much. Gotta do your F=m*a

Theres a 24.5k lb 20' Voodoo rope for sale near me new for $50. I figured at about 4x gvw it might be a little much, but better to be heavier rated than too light. And once I start building my 100 more I might need it?
Not familiar with Voodoo rope myself, but for that price, get it! Btw, I carry a 30' Bubba that has a rated breaking strength of 28.6k lb.

Thought i read somewhere it should be rated at 3x vehicle weight
Not sure about Voodoo but this is what the Bubba Website states... "To understand what weight class your rope is rated for divide the breaking strength of the rope by 3.5 or 4 times. That number will tell you the maximum weight of the vehicle the rope is rated for."

Not sure about Voodoo but this is what the Bubba Website states... "To understand what weight class your rope is rated for divide the breaking strength of the rope by 3.5 or 4 times. That number will tell you the maximum weight of the vehicle the rope is rated for."
Cool so this should be about perfect, at least wouldn't want any lighter. Voodoo's website says this rope is
  • Ideal for Jeep and 1/2 ton trucks
So this (stock) pig is already on the high end lol. But gonna get it for that price for sure 👍

Thanks all!

Here it is! If I had to guess it doesnt look brand brand new, but it might be. At any rate it's in very good shape so for the price I'm happy 😁

20200630_201653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom