23 sequoias vs late model 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These seem to be very comparable in price. Why choose one over the other? For my money I’m thinking a 200 is the better purchase even considering the inflated values.

I've a friend with Sequoia. It came down to interior room for him as he has kids. I won't even pretend to know squat about frames, the drivetrain, the offroad systems, etc of one versus the other. For me, I've always loved the LC and it's earned my trust these last 5 years all over North America.

These seem to be very comparable in price. Why choose one over the other? For my money I’m thinking a 200 is the better purchase even considering the inflated values.

Late model 200s are missing a lot tech and get much less MPG.

Trying to decide right now between a new sequoia limited with trd off road and a 2019 Land Cruiser Both are around 75k

Resale on LC will be better since the LX is now the only Cruiser in the US. Depends on how you're gonna use the vehicle. Is it a dd, Mall crawler, Offroader or no. Family size if any, are vehicle tech/electronics a big deal, what kind of ride do you want, are you gonna put aftermarket gear on it, etc. Tons of questions to answer.

Never really considered the Sequoia as I needed the LC for its reliability, offroading capabilities, and wanted its heritage and resale valur even though this one will never leave my possession.

Good luck.

I have 3 kids and needed the extra space of the Sequoia. I do like the 200s a lot and may get one later once they are grown up and I would not need the rear seats anymore, but the Sequoia is a very good truck for a daily if you need the space. The fuel economy is the only real downside, but that would be a similar issue with the LC200 as well

Seems very close as far as off-road and on-road use. With the TRD package sequoia you get the rear locker and the newest version of MTS and IMO a nicer interior. And you get the full width control arms from Tundra - so basically a long travel front as compared to the LC200. And 37's fit with basically no effort involved. And you probably get comparable MPG on 37's in the new sequoia vs the LC200 on stock tires. And as a side bonus if you want to lift the sequoia, the TRD lift kit is about 2500 from Toyota and is surprisingly comprehensive. You might wait for the overland trim to come out though and get it factory installed. "Trail Hunter" or something like that.

Biggest downside of the sequoia is the size if you don't want it, the lack of awd, and the odd compromised layout of the hybrid battery pack in the rear cargo area. I haven't sat in one yet, but if it's like the 22+ tundra the outward visibility is highly compromised. The LC200 has very good outward visibility.

I think a new sequoia non-hybrid with a full rear cargo area would be pretty great.

If it were my $ - I'd go for the new sequoia. But I'd want to see one in person first. I thought I'd want the 22+ tundra, but after a test drive I bought a gen 2.5 for a few reasons. However, the price was part of the consideration. If they were at parity on price, I'd probably have opted for the new one.

Good luck!

I wonder how the new Sequoia would do towing my 5000lb camper over the MTN passes. compared to my 200 series

I wonder how the new Sequoia would do towing my 5000lb camper over the MTN passes. compared to my 200 series
It tows way better than the LC. The turning radius is terrible and it can't compete with the land cruiser on the trail, but in every other category, the Sequoia is better in every other way.
The only thing better than a Sequoia is the car we can't get in north America, the 2023 LC....
The LX is great but there is less flexibility because of the AHC

It tows way better than the LC. The turning radius is terrible and it can't compete with the land cruiser on the trail, but in every other category, the Sequoia is better in every other way.
The only thing better than a Sequoia is the car we can't get in north America, the 2023 LC....
The LX is great but there is less flexibility because of the AHC
I guess the only really outlying unknown then is durability and reliability. Would be nice to compare the undersides of the two up on a lift. Also, it’s going to be hard to convince me that the new sequoia will have the long term reliability that a 200 has. Having said that, I think they did a fantastic job of redesigning it.

I guess the only really outlying unknown then is durability and reliability. Would be nice to compare the undersides of the two up on a lift. Also, it’s going to be hard to convince me that the new sequoia will have the long term reliability that a 200 has. Having said that, I think they did a fantastic job of redesigning it.
Probably not; cars and trucks that come out of Japan's most prestigious factories are more robust than any other factory in the world.

They are both fantastic vehicles, but the main difference in my mind is that the Land Cruiser is full time 4WD. The Sequoias are fantastic, and we own two of them, but the main advantage of the Sequoia is the cavernous room it contains. Its a great farm truck when we are towing or don't need to use the Superduty. Don't get me wrong, I seriously enjoy both of our Sequoias, but they just aren't in the same league as the LC200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom