2024 Lone Star Land Cruiser Roundup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyFish

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
twitter.com
3/14-3/16/24

1703134446311.png

I'm signed up as of today. The plan is to get there early Friday morning to attend the drivers meeting at 9 before doing the no0B run at 10. We'll be leaving Sunday around noon.

Here is a direct link to register: Events - Lone Star Land Cruisers - https://www.lslc.org/events/

Can't wait to see some familiar faces!

Derek-

I’m planning to leave on Thursday at 10:00 am from the shop. If anyone is interested to caravan to Katemcy.

A.J
Let me see how it plays out, coming Thursday but unsure of my timing

Weather won’t be too bad in Mason next weekend, rain on Thursday night into Friday should help reduce the dust…

IMG_8558.jpeg

1709902375047.png

Shoot I missed the window for online registration... Bummer. Is it still possible to pay for meals at event?

Also this is my first roundup and noob to off road activities in general is there a basic list of gear needed?

Thanks!

You can register at the door, you will need to pay the park entrance fee to camp ($80).

I’m planning to leave on Thursday at 10:00 am from the shop. If anyone is interested to caravan to Katemcy.

A.J
I'll join you.

Shoot I missed the window for online registration... Bummer. Is it still possible to pay for meals at event?

Also this is my first roundup and noob to off road activities in general is there a basic list of gear needed?

Thanks!
Gear stream of consciousness incoming: Beer & snacks. I like to empty my truck out before going wheeling, so I'll need somewhere out of the rain to put my crap, like in a tent or large plastic bins under a tarp. If you've got a pop-up that could be handy this weekend with the rain. The camping is all in dirt, which will be pretty muddy I imagine, so anticipate that. Like someplace to put your muddy boots out of the rain if you're sleeping in your truck. There was a working compressor a couple years ago at Katemcy but I'm not sure it was working last year, so an air compressor to air up if you're headed to town and/or on Sunday morning when you head home. It often gets colder than I expect during the Saturday night raffle. You'll want a camp chair at least for that, but also for sitting around the fire. Oh, something to drink while sitting around the fire if you're into that sort of thing. There's a really good breakfast taco/burger stand where you can eat all your meals if you want. Bring cash for that. There are showers, so soap and a towel, plus shower shoes are nice to have in there as the floor will be pretty muddy gross. As far as wheeling goes, we usually wheel in packs, so there will be tools and winches nearby. I've always had a radio (baofang HAM/GMRS), but nobody really uses them at this event AFAIK.

Lan and I are heading in Wed eve (from Lubbock). Looking forward to catching up with everyone and wheeling. I just realized I need to change my cover image… That is Lan’s truck…

Gear stream of consciousness incoming: Beer & snacks. I like to empty my truck out before going wheeling, so I'll need somewhere out of the rain to put my crap, like in a tent or large plastic bins under a tarp. If you've got a pop-up that could be handy this weekend with the rain. The camping is all in dirt, which will be pretty muddy I imagine, so anticipate that. Like someplace to put your muddy boots out of the rain if you're sleeping in your truck. There was a working compressor a couple years ago at Katemcy but I'm not sure it was working last year, so an air compressor to air up if you're headed to town and/or on Sunday morning when you head home. It often gets colder than I expect during the Saturday night raffle. You'll want a camp chair at least for that, but also for sitting around the fire. Oh, something to drink while sitting around the fire if you're into that sort of thing. There's a really good breakfast taco/burger stand where you can eat all your meals if you want. Bring cash for that. There are showers, so soap and a towel, plus shower shoes are nice to have in there as the floor will be pretty muddy gross. As far as wheeling goes, we usually wheel in packs, so there will be tools and winches nearby. I've always had a radio (baofang HAM/GMRS), but nobody really uses them at this event AFAIK.
*Have at least 1 WORKING fire extinguisher in your rig.

A.J
AJ I'm planning to join you tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom