2022 Trail Schedule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
kyle-landcruiser.blogspot.com
Here is the 2022 trail schedule

January 22th: Schubarth Road

February 19th: Phantom Canyon & Shelf Road Loop

March 19th: Coordinate with Rising Sun, maybe The Gulches (Metberry, Hackett, Longwater)

April: 16th: Texas Creek
April: 16th - 19th White Rim (Moab) or Kokopelli (planning and exact days are a work in progress)

May 14th: Club Choice (much depends on snow)

June 18th: Medano Pass (overnight camping in Sand Dunes, or a day trip)

July9th: Cloverdale Mine BBQ, Fishing, Gold Panning (Near Westcliffe)
July17th: Trail leaders choice

August 20th: Mosquito Pass

September 3rd - 11th: San Juan Trip (exact dates may change, but would like to keep it this week)
September 17-18th: Kebler Pass - camping

October 15th: Music Pass

November19th: China Wall

December: first two weekends are Christmas Tree Cutting patrol

Last edited:
I suspect you're to late to get permits for White Rim trail in April.

Here is the 2022 trail schedule

January 22th: Schubarth Road

February 19th: Phantom Canyon & Shelf Road Loop

March 19th: Coordinate with Rising Sun, maybe The Gulches (Metberry, Hackett, Longwater)

April: 16th: Texas Creek
April: 16th - 19th White Rim (Moab) or Kokopelli (planning and exact days are a work in progress)

May 14th: Club Choice (much depends on snow)

June 18th: Medano Pass (overnight camping in Sand Dunes, or a day trip)

July9th: Cloverdale Mine BBQ, Fishing, Gold Panning (Near Westcliffe)
July17th: Trail leaders choice

August 20th: Mosquito Pass

September 3rd - 11th: San Juan Trip (exact dates may change, but would like to keep it this week)
September 19th: Kebler Pass - camping

October 15th: Music Pass

November19th: China Wall

December: first two weekends are Christmas Tree Cutting patrol
We still planning on Medano on the 18th? If so, I’m in for an overnight trip.

As of today, the road is only open up to stream crossing #4 (they report from the bottom up) due to Spring run off. There are 9 stream crossings with #1 near the top of the pass. So 5 of the 9 are open. Best I can report is "stay tuned" as we still have 2 weeks to go.
As of today, the trail is only open up to stream crossing #4 (there are 9 stream crossings). #1 stream crossing is near the top, so we need the trail open to the top to complete the trail run as planned. With the weather forecast for the next 2 weeks in mind, best I can say is "stay tuned" as to the trail being open so the trail leader can make the final call.

As of today, the road is only open up to stream crossing #4 (they report from the bottom up) due to Spring run off. There are 9 stream crossings with #1 near the top of the pass. So 5 of the 9 are open. Best I can report is "stay tuned" as we still have 2 weeks to go.

As of today, the trail is only open up to stream crossing #4 (there are 9 stream crossings). #1 stream crossing is near the top, so we need the trail open to the top to complete the trail run as planned. With the weather forecast for the next 2 weeks in mind, best I can say is "stay tuned" as to the trail being open so the trail leader can make the final call.
Appears to be still closed all the way up-and-over the pass. Still interested in making it an out-and-back run?

7BC7F518-6526-4A47-AD76-2C4E3FCD2764.png

Still interested in making it an out-and-back run?
I'd prefer to postpone it a week and see if they call it "open" by June 25, or July 2. (it would be bad optics if a club got cross-ways with the NPS for being on a "closed" road).

What do you guys think?

Ok, I've caught up now. lol (I put the same excerpt in the trail run thread)

I'm good with postpone. Have two kid's birthdays this weekend and they expect a celebration for some reason. :rolleyes:
lol

Reactions: SAS
I'd prefer to postpone it a week and see if they call it "open" by June 25, or July 2. (it would be bad optics if a club got cross-ways with the NPS for being on a "closed" road).

What do you guys think?
Looks like it’s fully open—as of today. I’m still interested in giving it a “go” this weekend. Anyone else?

A771320F-FF76-4BD2-B062-52D52A25AEF5.png

Looks like it’s fully open—as of today. I’m still interested in giving it a “go” this weekend. Anyone else?

I'm out for this weekend. At this point, I'm up for waiting a week or two as I'm now not prepared to go this weekend as it looked to be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom