2020 Heritage Emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HAHA, when I totaled my 1st 2008 and was looking for one to replace it, one of the sales guys at a local dealership called me beck to say in a thick Russian accent "I have a very very nice highlander for you. Basically same rig" I nearly spit my coffee out.

The FJ badges do NOT work as well as Heritage badges. They are not curved, and I personally do not think they look very good. I replaced my FJ badges with real Heritage badges. Thanks for the heads up on here that they are available.

The FJ badges do NOT work as well as Heritage badges. They are not curved, and I personally do not think they look very good. I replaced my FJ badges with real Heritage badges. Thanks for the heads up on here that they are available.

Interesting that you think they look different. I haven't seen anything to suggest they weren't identical in outward appearance. I just put a slight bend in my FJ40 badges to match the contour of the mounting surface. I do like that the heritage badge came backed with tape, but I like the labor rate I got while cutting off posts and applying 3M tape. My pic is above. What differences do you see since you've held both badges? Anything noticeable from more than 18" away?

Interesting that you think they look different. I haven't seen anything to suggest they weren't identical in outward appearance. I just put a slight bend in my FJ40 badges to match the contour of the mounting surface. I do like that the heritage badge came backed with tape, but I like the labor rate I got while cutting off posts and applying 3M tape. My pic is above. What differences do you see since you've held both badges? Anything noticeable from more than 18" away?

Like you, I test fit, bent very carefully, test fit, repeat, until they fit the contour perfectly. Then applied the 3M VHB, trimmed very carefully while sipping an IPA and then fixed to the truck. Done

Like you, I test fit, bent very carefully, test fit, repeat, until they fit the contour perfectly. Then applied the 3M VHB, trimmed very carefully while sipping an IPA and then fixed to the truck. Done

I too sipped IPA while completing this project. Perhaps we are connected in some way. Were you raised by bears?

Speaking of that location, does anyone else wish they would have carried over the 100 vent/faux vent? I always liked that little feature. Love the TLC emblem too.
I really wish Toyota did

Your installer didn’t do the job correctly. He could have slightly bent the emblems to match the contour of the D pillar.
5D69E03F-0449-462E-B9CA-0BFD68BE7F1D.jpeg
5F7F9EE7-913A-42E6-95B6-6E456CB467F8.jpeg
8F1FC7A5-7A25-47EB-A31A-3437A5698D31.jpeg

No noticeable differences. Up close the inner corners of the letters are ever so slightly more rounded. I’m also not sure the chrome isn’t a darker chrome like the Heritage fog surrounds. Nothing really noticeable.

I agree if mine would have been correctly done I never would have installed new ones. In my build thread, I noted that anyone doing it should bend them to fit months ago. So you all did it right.

I should not have said FJ did not look at good. That’s false. They do. Mine did not look good because they were not bent. But I was very happy with my build otherwise.

4B5255F7-0B67-43C5-8535-52A34EBDD0CE.jpeg

Heritage on top. FJ below after removal.

Last edited:
No noticeable differences. Up close the inner corners of the letters are ever so slightly more rounded. I’m also not sure the chrome isn’t a darker chrome like the Heritage fog surrounds. Nothing really noticeable.

I agree if mine would have been correctly done I never would have installed new ones. In my build thread, I noted that anyone doing it should bend them to fit months ago. So you all did it right.

View attachment 2235395

Heritage on top. FJ below after removal.

Cool, yeah I agree if the FJ emblems were installed without “contouring” to the body, they would look bad, and potentially fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom