2018 Pismo Event Nov 1-5 Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much fun can we have in a weekend? I think we did our best to represent Beach N' Toys in Pismo Beach!!

IMG_20181103_104243739_BURST0061.jpg

IMG_20181103_104243739_BURST0071.jpg

20181103_1007381.jpg

IMG_20181103_104253985_BURST0081.jpg

Looks like you all had a great time. Hope those landings weren’t too hard. These heavy pigs can fly pretty well, but landing is hard on their knees.

I caught huge air the day before but no pics. She came down hard but unscathed. I was impressed/relieved.

Frank

So just a quick recap and future thoughts.

First off, thanks to Justin and Tyler for joining. It made for a fun group.

As far as weather and crowds this trip was excellent. We had one group about 40 yards away that had obnoxious tendencies and got visited by all 4 rangers with ticket books open when we returned from wheeling Saturday so I figure they got theirs. Otherwise, the dunes were uncrowded and one could explore without worrying about flattening a quad when you crest a hill. The weather was perfect. It was high 70's during the day and only about 2 hours of wind in the afternoon. Nights were comfortable and calm. Everyone caught air and no one broke their truck. The food was great as always.

Looking to the future, as long as we are not tying ourselves to the Turf & Surf, we have options as far as what weekend we chose to go. I think this year I would start out with a poll to see what works best for most. Non-holiday weekends are by far the best time to be at the beach.

See all on the trail!

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom