2018 Pismo Event Nov 1-5 Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, while the likelihood of the beach selling out on a non-holiday weekend like the first weekend in November is pretty slim it is still not a bad idea to get a site ahead of time. If you do ever go on a holiday weekend like Veteran's day, the beach sells out so reserving a spot is pretty much required.

Frank

Does anyone have a spare tent I can borrow/rent for this event? I have my mom and nephew coming out and dont quite have room for 4 people in my tent. Thought i'd ask before buying one just for the week.

Does anyone have a spare tent I can borrow/rent for this event? I have my mom and nephew coming out and dont quite have room for 4 people in my tent. Thought i'd ask before buying one just for the week.
I will have one you could use for this event sleeps 3 comfortably but I have put four of us in it

As we move into October I figure I will start getting the head count together as well as food plans. Can all that are going post up the total in your group and if you plan to leave Sunday or Monday?

Do we have a B&T flag? That would be helpful for folks to find us.

I am also thinking about a very loose itinerary and am up for ideas.

- Thursday: Travel day / set up camp / explore dunes if you have time/inclination, easy dinner.
- Friday: Explore dunes and attempt to map out some cool areas play. More B&T crushing it at camping type of dinner.
- Saturday: 10AM-3PM+ group meets at the top of some dune for picture and off we go. Definitely need a complete B&T crushing it at camping dinner.
- Sunday: Any plans Sunday will depend on how many of us are staying until Monday or leaving Sunday.

Thoughts?

Frank

I'll have my wife and (maybe) my two dogs with me. Not sure of our arrival (probably Friday), we'll for sure be leaving Sunday.

Will be bring flag info to the meeting for purchasing them. More at the meeting.

So I got confused, which is easy for me to do. I clicked on the reservation link and I couldn't figure out how to make a non-site specific reservation. The options I get are North Beach Campgrounds and Oceano Campgrounds.

Not sure which to choose.

I should be able to make this. Pismo then Anza Borrego with another group I hang with the following weekend! Good times. I don't know how many will be with me yet, wife is trying to decided which one she wants to do and I only want to pull the kiddos out of school for one trip.

Leon

Well there are no specific sites on the beach but you have to select one because that is how the website works... or at least used to work. Their website is saying call here.... 1-800-444-7275

Note that we are camping on the beach itself, not in a developed campsite.

Frank

Or just go to Reserve California and pick a site....

upload_2018-10-1_15-11-15.png

Sounds like a great idea.

I will becoming solo on Friday morning and leaving Sunday. I'm always down to cook, so if you want to set up the meal planning count me in.

So I got confused, which is easy for me to do. I clicked on the reservation link and I couldn't figure out how to make a non-site specific reservation. The options I get are North Beach Campgrounds and Oceano Campgrounds.

Not sure which to choose.

I should be able to make this. Pismo then Anza Borrego with another group I hang with the following weekend! Good times. I don't know how many will be with me yet, wife is trying to decided which one she wants to do and I only want to pull the kiddos out of school for one trip.

Leon

So basically you just reserve a site and camp wherever. The website doesn't have the ability to do non-site specifics but the beach is wide open with not assigned campsites.

Frank

Just a quick note on the reservations, you be reserving the "SVRA" and should see a page with no actual numbers assigned to the sites. Here is an example....

upload_2018-10-11_7-20-7.png

A few of us are thinking about renting campers for the weekend just in case its one of those windy weekends. @elripster can you send us a pin or GPS location of where on the beach you plan on setting up?

Let me see what I can do about dropping a pin. In the meantime, we are going to Pole 6. It is the last "pole" I believe. I would say just south of pole 6 closer to the water but above the high tide line.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom