Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh ya, caster is close to 4*, it will be about 3.5* once the J springs settle. I am happy with that since 2-5* gives good road manners. When I do cut & turns I shoot for 4-4.5*.

Cheers

Scheelmann seat heater is wired up through a 100-series switch on the dash.

80F76618-D784-446A-9B11-DDC9C93A547B.jpeg

The 79 is going out to get its windows all tinted tomorrow. We were going to have it done last Monday but the shop opted out after looking at the Cruiser, to difficult they said! 🙄😂

We had to focus on the 80-series restoration during most of May because it is getting picked up June 15th and June 25th that Cruiser is going on a one month trip. It’s pretty well done now other than a few little things so we will be focusing hard now on the 79 until it is ready to ship to Florida.

We are a small shop with just Chris and myself so as anyone can guess it does take us awhile to do these massive builds.

I would bet $1000 though John is going to LOVE this Cruiser! 😁🤙

Cheers

I was going to mow my lawn and walk my dog after work and than it decided to do this. We close at 6pm and this was at about 6:15. If “F bombs” offend you skip this vid. 😑

I feel like we need more content here in the build thread than pics in front of the shop. Not the best video because there is some darkness to it but this is a long winded walk around with a lot of details. 🤗

We will do one more proper before all said and done which is coming soon. In the meantime if you like long videos of awesome Land Cruisers, theres one! 👆

Cheers

Got videos but they are not very impressive. Solid 315hp and 540ftlbs to the rear wheels. EGTs well under control.

I will post the videos after work.

Cheers

Yeah baby, YEAH!!!

Alright here are some videos.

So we are up to 30psi max boost now. It pulls really hard from 2500rpms onward. EGTs have dropped a little under most driving conditions, you can still crack 1200* but you have to try real hard, 1050* is average max on a hard pull.

It’s chirping tires into 2nd, 3rd and 4th under full boost and wot. 😎

Cheers

Last video, just a pull on the dyno.

I will post the actual dyno print out from our two goods pulls in a little while.

Cheers

Lockwood dyno.jpg

Sure you can get more out of an FTE but it has more than enough power, especially for how John is going to use it. It is pretty rowdy from 2000rpms and heavy on the throttle. Boost comes on STRONG 15-30psi and it hits full boost fast, from 20-30psi when you go full wot it makes the front of the Cruiser torque up suspension wise and throws you back in the seat a little. Main thing is EGTs and for me to get it much over 1000* I have to lug it on a decent grade or go full wot up a steep grade with max boost. Second method takes longer to get hot than lugging on it under heavy load. No problem to accelerate hard and fast up a grade yet still keep EGTs in the 800-950* range. The intercooler is working well, better than expected for a top mount.

Cheers

that,:rofl: it is not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom