2017 McGrew Trail campout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Come out to the 2017 McGrew Trail camp out with the club formerly known as Jefferson State Cruisers.

July 28-30, 2017
O' Brien, Oregon

This is a low key "event". Those who know, know. As for the rest,. McGrew trail is an old wagon trail that meanders through the southern mountains of Oregon and northern California, on the way to the Oregon coast. Trail is rough and rugged, stretching about ten miles from trailhead to Sourdough campsite.

As per usual this is a potluck dinner event for Saturday night. Bring out your dankest dish to share with fellow famished wheelers.
Enjoy time in the Smith river, wandering the woods or just lounging around camp telling lies to old friends. ;)

Drivers meeting 8am behind little market. Trailhead at 9am.
You are more than welcome to run trail at your own leisure or show yourself in on one of the fire roads.

For more info contact myself@gnob, or @retrofive, or @Andersej

Last edited:
I'm hearing the trail is closed except for those with permits to 'unlock' the gate.
Any update on this aspect?
onward...
:cool:

p.s. looking forward trail open or not!

We've honestly heard the same tired story year after year.

If for some reason it becomes an actuality, the drive in from Smith River is gravy :flipoff2:

Thanks for the update the Aric. Was wondering what the plan was for 2017.

Formerly known as... I'll draw my own conclusions. Good to know you are still picking up the fire wood for an event that was.

I wouldn't say its the "event that was" quite yet. Lol
Although the event has downsized a bit, the original feel seems to be coming back.
Even though events like Rubithon are EPIC. Its sometimes nice to get back to the basics.
If youre anything like me, you didn't come up or even break your teeth rock crawling. Most of us came up mudding flat ground or exploring fire roads.
The mcgew ride gives a good terrain mix without poopy pants or raped wallets.(most days) ;)

Family oriented, close knit group of friends/wheelers to be found at this trail ride. :)

I'm local and wouldn't mind joining. I've lived here 5 years and have never been out there. Don't have a rock crawler though. Fire roads should be fine

I am going to try and make it this year. may have to meet up via fire road if my schedule gets dumb....

Hope to see you all in the morning. Gate appears to be open. We will proceed as planned.

See you 8am. ;)

How did this event turn out? Couldn't make it for this one but I'm considering doing the trail at some point perhaps this fall with my brother.

I'm considering also and curious about status of the road / closure. I realize the thread is a couple years old, but still relevant, anybody have recent information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom