2016+ Rear Screen Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bummer. I also had to tweak the positioning of mine to get them where I wanted them, but fortunately did not have any damage. I wonder if Trekboxx would be willing to help you out at all with a discounted replacement?
Thanks. I hope so and it can't hurt to ask. Will post results.

Thanks. I hope so and it can't hurt to ask. Will post results.
I’ve got a spare. It’s yours for shipping, just to save Trexboxx the trouble of replacement. PM me if interested.

Update -- David from Trekboxx reached out and let me know that he is sending a replacement plate and gave me some advice for the next installation to keep it from snapping. Offered to pay him for the part/ shipping, and he said not necessary -- so very much appreciated.

Lesson learned: tightening the little 3/8" button head #10 hex screws with the impact driver was the problem. When the new plates arrived, I hand-tightened them gently, per David's advice and install went perfectly. If it's a 20 minute job the first time, it's easily done in 10 the second time around. Many thanks again to @Sandroad and David from Trekboxx for all your help. Bought my truck in 2016 and I never did like those screens. And now my 2-year old has more leg room and my six-year old doesn't have to bump into it when climbing in past the 2-year old. Win-win-win.

PXL_20210131_203954801.jpg

PXL_20210131_204307699.jpg

Curious if there are any issues with running only one screen? We just picked up our 200 and assumed big truck meant plenty of room for our rear facing car seat. Oops.

Wouldn't mind keeping one in place "just cause." Wife may ride in the back on trips in the short term, so might as well give her some entertainment!

If so, if @Sandroad still has theirs available, could work out well.

Regardless, thanks to @Sac Cerevisiae for the guidance.

Thanks for the pics and write up, got my pair of TVs off in less than 5 min, waiting on Trekboxx covers to show up. So I have two takes offs if anyone is needing a set.

Curious if there are any issues with running only one screen? We just picked up our 200 and assumed big truck meant plenty of room for our rear facing car seat. Oops.

Wouldn't mind keeping one in place "just cause." Wife may ride in the back on trips in the short term, so might as well give her some entertainment!

If so, if @Sandroad still has theirs available, could work out well.

Regardless, thanks to @Sac Cerevisiae for the guidance.
I just tested this set up before purchasing the covers from @TrekboxX for the exact same reason - removed the screen behind the passenger seat for the rear facing car seat. Left the screen behind the driver's seat, so the person sitting in the 2nd row of seat gets a little entertainment incentive for sitting next to the newborn. haha. The screen behind the driver's seat seems to be working fine without the screen behind the passenger.

Thanks for @Sac Cerevisiae for the write up. Can't wait to install the covers for a cleaner look.

The design is a joke and kids/people using them should just get an ipad.

Took mine out immediately as they don't allow for second row to fully fold up. If the screen could itself fully fold up it would have worked.
They are just so poorly thought out and obscenely clunky.

Hi all - reviving this one - two questions… anyone have a spare screen they’d be willing to sell?

Any upgrade screens available on the market that would work as a replacement?

My brother borrowed it, is 6’-5” and reclined it back into a rear facing infant seat … and the screen was pressed up against it.

My brother borrowed it, is 6’-5” and reclined it back into a rear facing infant seat … and the screen was pressed up against it.

Its not his fault, the design is horrible. You cant even properly fold the rear seats up with them in place without crushing them. Horrible mounting solution.

I have 2 screens for sale if someone wants them. <-- these are sold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom