2016 Offical 28th Annual Rubithon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately, it was Larry. Fortunately, it was not a fatality. PMC has a mud thread with updates.

Cindy and I visited Larry today in the ICU. He looks good considering; and was actually eating.

He has suffered 3 fractured ribs on his right side and the rest are broken. He also suffered 3 fractured ribs on his left side. He currently has a steel plate inside him which is holding his broken ribs (right side) in place while they heal. He also suffered a punctured lung and liver which required surgery to repair. He noted he was not feeling as well today and 'They' took samples to see if he is developing a lung infection or other possible problems.

Here is what I could gather from Larry about what happened. Larry notes he had leaned into the front wheel well of his truck to retrieve an item that had fallen, as another truck came up towards the front off Larry's truck, striking the front tire of Larry's truck. This forced the tire to turn and crushed Larry between the tire and his truck. Larry noted the other truck did not stop despite his repeated efforts to yell back up and just kept coming.

He has another week in ICU should the tests come back negative and all goes well. Breathing is challenged of course due to the severity of his injuries and his voice is whispered.

Beyond that, he is in good spirits and seems to be doing well.

Last edited: Monday at 6:15 PM
Tony Twiddy #5049
TLCA Hall of Fame
TRT2, Monday at 6:00 PM Report
#17 Like + Quote Reply

DAMN! That makes 2 fatallities, and a severe trauma to start the year off. Be careful everyone!

Do you know if they were able to track down the dirtbag that hit him and kept going? Nevermind, I will check for the other thread.

Prayers to Larry for quick healing!

*******KIDS RAFFLE- Please Read*******

This year there will be a kids only raffle for ages 3-12 years old. This is an additional event we are doing to make this special for the kids as well. We are asking for raffle donations (camping/outdoor related items and toys). The Rubithon will be supplying many prizes to ensure each kid will receive at least one prize, however funds are limited as you can imagine. There are a few ways to donate prizes. 1) You can bring them to registration.(preferred space is very limited!) 2) You can get them to me personally and I will get them into the springs. PM me for any additional info or questions. Thank you for your support. It is much appreciated.

Brian Flynn

If you are able to bring it to the Springs it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't have room, as long as I recieve it by Thursday the 16th, I can take care of it.

Email me at Chairman@rubithon.com and I can give you the mailing address.... not the POB.

Thanks again!
Eric

I'm taking the toys with me and I'll see you on the springs!

John

2016 Rubithon RC Crawler Competition and Trail Ride!

Hello everyone! My name is Brian Flynn and I will once again be running the RC Crawler event at this year's Rubithon. This is one of the many awesome opportunities to mingle, make friends and have fun at the Rubithon this year. If you have children, and/or an RC, this event will be a must!

Unlike last year there will be 2 different events. The first event is the Trail Run and is going to be unscored. This event, like last year's, will take you on a trek through Rubicon Springs, much like driving your rigs down the Rubicon trail itself. Expect up to 80-100 gates and a good little hike around the springs. You can do as little or as much as you’d like. However, as an incentive to get the kids out there, for each child that participates, that child will receive an additional grand prize ticket for the kids raffle.

For those of you gunning for the top prize, you will be entering our second event. There will once again be a competition with 4 classes to join; Pro, Scaler, Novice and Junior. There will be a plaque for the top spot in each class that will be awarded during the main raffle. The major change is that each class will have 10-15 gates and have a judge there to score and time you! If you don't want to actually try for a plaque and just want to do the trail run completely care-free, that's cool too! Kids will receive a second Raffle ticket for participating in the comp also.

The Pro and Scaler classes will be for those of you looking to push your RC limits. The Junior and Novice classes will be for those of you just looking to have some competitive fun.

For all of you looking at the Pro and Scaler classes, you will have score sheets that are a little more involved and technical. These classes will be designed for those of you with tons of drive time and a fair amount of money into your Rc's. The goal will be to score the highest amount of points. Points will be awarded for gates progressed, but points will be deducted for hitting a gate, skipping a gate, “Hand of God” (touching your truck), rollovers, and DNF’s. The time will only be used as a potential tie breaker.

For those of you looking at the Novice and Junior classes you will be looking at a fun and mildly challenging course. As for the age cut off for the Junior class, it will depend on the number of kids signing up and their ages. I may bump some of the older kids into the novice class to even out the numbers. Again the goal will be to score the highest amount of points. Points will be awarded for gates progressed, but points will be deducted for hitting a gate, skipping a gate, and DNF’s. Hand of God and Rollovers will be penalty free in these classes. Again the time will only be used as a potential tie breaker.

The event will be on Saturday at 10:30am and will start near the main stage in Rubicon Springs. Please sign up at check in if you'd like to participate. It is designed to be a fun family friendly event! I am one of the trail leaders for the Thursday Family Run, so unless you contact me beforehand I won't be able to answer any questions till we arrive in camp Thursday afternoon. If you have any questions now, let me know.

Also, this year we will be joined by CA State Parks who will be bringing numerous RC crawlers for people to try for free and setting up a course to educate kids and adults about Tread Lightly. If you don’t own an RC of your own and would like to try one out, this will be a great opportunity to do so.

Lastly, if there is interest and people have lights, we can also setup a night run.

Thanks,

Brian

We are getting close everyone!!! Only a couple more days left! I'm wrenching and packing up the mini every chance I get!

Well Rubithon officially starts Tuesday, and everything is shaping up very nicely. Thanks in no small part to my family and friends!

You can still sign up and register at the event, but please do not submit online or send any payments at this point. All payments should be made in the Springs via cash or check only.

As usual, we will not be able to accept credit cards in the Springs. This is for your protection and mine!

You can print out the registration from the our web page www.rubithon.com or you can just fill out there. There is still food available at this point, but all shirts will be mailed after the event. We can also get you signed up for TLCA or CalStar even at the event.

I can still be reached until Monday night. Best to call me at 530-401-0800 as I'll be working packing my rig up and a lot of small odds and ends. After Monday night, save it for the Springs or if your local, you can hit me on the 805 Repeater.

The wine tasting event still has room, and we have special bottle that will be up for live auction and availble to all, not just the wine attendees.

Safe travels and remember to have fun!
Eric

Trucks almost packed...

image.jpeg

Something less one. Rig decided to throw an electrical his system fit and is going nowhere.

Dick The alternative run is to get your truck running today and be at the Tahoma Staging area by 10am or so and drop down from the Tahoe side.
Let me know as that is what my plan is.
Toys on the Rocks has a drop down group that leaves at 10am and I was going to go after them.

Check your grounds.
Are you still in Redding?
Dave
Checked grounds, most are new. Two electrical 'experts' are stumped by this one. Double checked power sources to ECM.
Still in Redding. We'll try for one of the Friday if we can figure it out.

At least you isolated it

Offer will stand for Thursday

Thanks, Dave. I'll let you know. If I don't get it figured out until tomorrow, coming in with a Friday group is my fall-back plan.

Excellent Rubithon as expected!!!

ReddingCruiser, we missed you every time we cut through your usual campsite.

Great turnout, most excellent weather, lots of mosquitoes means we had a wet winter, some of the best food yet and well orchestrated and executed event by Chairman Eric Agee and his committee volunteers!

There will be many stories but I want to congratulate Mudrak for his induction into the TLCA Hall of Fame at the event by President Ross Woody. Cannot think of a man more deserving. Congrats Gary.

Thanks to everyone who worked to make this another fantastic experience on the Rubicon Trail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom