2016 FJ 45 Run: Sourgrass, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
2016 FJ-45 Run Sept 3-5th

It's about time I started a thread about this years event .......

As usual this is a "no sign-ups", "no registration" "no entry fee" type of event. just show up, bring enough food, camping gear and clothes and relax.

Just like last year, the event will be held at Sourgrass trail; which located off boards crossing road just south of the town of Dorrington on HWY4 in northern CA. Directions are pretty simple:
find highway 99, then get onto HWY4 east. Follow that for a couple of hours till you get to the small town of Dorrington. *don't blink, you'll miss it*. Take a right on boards crossing road and follow that for about 5 or 6 miles; that will bring you down the side of a mountain and eventually to a bridge over a river at the bottom. Cross the bridge and take a left into the parking/picnic area. There you'll see a sign for the trail, hard to miss. Take that trail to the very end, it's about 3 miles. You will need 4wd and there are a couple of spots where you'll have to pick a decent line to make it thru without having to back up. I have driven my bone stock and pristine 84 HJ47 troopie all the way in there without a scratch and without having to back up. Try to come in with another vehicle if possible just in case.
There is no organized camping, just find a suitable spot. The camping area is plenty big and there are tons of shady spots due to the large and plentiful trees covering that part of the valley. We will be camped right next to the river. It's a beautiful spot and one of my favorites. Just make sure you keep an eye on your kids. The river runs pretty good, even late in the season. This year we had a lot less rain and snow than usual so the mosquitoes shouldn't be bad. But bring some bug spray just in case.
As always, there will be two raffles. one for prizes ( you get one and only one ticket as long as you drive a cruiser to the event ) and a cash raffle; the later costs $10 per ticket. So buy as many as you want. We will draw one winning ticket which gets half the cash in the pot. The other half goes to the "Friends of the Rubicon". So far we've donated about $7k all together.
Raffle prizes?! I've been working on them.....and sent out pms, emails and phone calls to a lot of my suppliers and distributors. Prizes are trickling in, even got something from my snap-on dealer yesterday. It's become somewhat customary for participants to bring a raffle prize. It can be anything and I mean ANYTHING. We've had things ranging from tools to pocket knives to amazing quilts, pillows, blankets, on-board welder and everything in between.

Feel free to ask questions, I know I left a bunch of info out.

All rigs are welcome, you don't have to show up in an FJ45!

Hope to see you there!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Last edited:
What's the dates?

What's the dates?

See top of original post.

Labor Day weekend.

Same as the past 15 years.

:)

Vacation is locked in. See you all there. This,year the ol 45 is getting a new,FJ60 dizzy and rear aussie locker. Thanks Georg

and so it begins

NCM_5125.JPG

NCM_5126.JPG

This one is down on the calendar, as the 80 will be back on the road and running on diesel! Will be the first wheeling trip testing out the motor, H151F, and new hi/low t-case gears. Had to steal the motor out of the HDJ45, so will have to wait until 2017 for it to make a debut on Sourgrass.

I'll be there. The 1HZ-T is running great. On my trip last week I got 21.4 mpg with full load of gear and air running most of time.

Dan

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

I'll be there Friday afternoon, as usual...

Plane ticket bought.....

Excellent...so have you figured out how to get the 70 palletized and checked as luggage yet? Watched a Lamborghini being loaded into the cargo hold of a 747 once, and that was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom