Builds 2014 LC200 Build - Executor - and Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mind sharing where you got those stainless steal boxes from?

Available all over the interwebs

Amazon product ASIN B007AHZOOS
Amazon product ASIN B07DNKMDF9
Amazon.com : FrontierPlay Aluminum Waterproof Utility Storage Dry Adventure Box Container with a Double Seal : Gateway

etc......

Available all over the interwebs

Amazon product ASIN B007AHZOOS
Amazon product ASIN B07DNKMDF9
Amazon.com : FrontierPlay Aluminum Waterproof Utility Storage Dry Adventure Box Container with a Double Seal : Gateway

etc......
Thank you!

I was going to run the Alu-Boxes because they look nice, are light, and I like the Goose-Gear tops, but I snagged a few Pelican 1650's instead for less money and they are actually weather proof and will hold up to tumbles and abuse better plus they have wheels.

Swapped my rear springs for @TRAIL TAILOR Tourflex tapered coils, designed for a 660-1100# weight over stock. So far so good, I’m still adjusting the compression and rebound in the shocks but once I get that right, I’m going to like these. They should give me the support I need when loaded heavy for a trip but not be too firm when unloaded.

97A8E23B-D6B6-489A-8CE5-9AEC8F6C9E7D.jpeg

Sorry no pictures of the damage, unless you want to see the repair bill! On a recent post trail run inspection, I noticed the front driver side KDSS stabilizer covered in neon green fluid. That repair is beyond my capability so I took it in to Toyota for inspection and repair. The stabilizer (little shock absorber looking thing) had a catastrophic failure and was replaced as was the fluid. It took two weeks as I was first told they had to order the part from the east coast, then told the part had to be manufactured first as they’re not a stock item. That confused me a bit but it wasn’t much impact as I have other options to drive.

Cost of repair:
Stabilizer $1131.00
Suspension fluid $24.98
Labor $749.88
Getting this repair done before LCDC: $priceless

Last edited:
Curiously, with no fluid in the KDSS system the LC essentially drove like a pickup. It was rough but bearable, of course I’m no where near stock so YMMV.

BudBuilt skid plates installed. These are 3/16” stainless steel, stage 4 rock armor. They’re super beefy. Unfortunately, they didn’t come with any instructions or even a diagram so it was a bit of a puzzle. Ultimately, after some complications my shop was able to get it put together, although they weren’t real happy in the end. I need to pick up some more carriage bolts to replace some hardware they had to use to get me back on the road. Because there were no instructions, they had install a bracket too early and the bolts had to be cut out. In the end, I’ve got a working vehicle in time to make LCDC, so I’m happy.

E76136B4-604C-440E-A4E0-DF1ABD10E039.jpeg

068A22E2-ECC9-4341-969B-58D6644D5DBB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom