Builds 2014 LC200 Build - Executor - and Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had been searching for a while for just the right 200 series. They’re very difficult to find for a decent price in SoCal and tends to sell in a matter of hours, sometimes reappearing from a flipper making a steep profit. One popped up on another site in Oklahoma so I contacted the seller and made a deposit. Ten days later I was on a plane to OKC, driving home an hour after I landed.

It came with a good start, BP-51 suspension, ARB front bumper, Slee slider steps, and TRD wheels. I’ve removed the rear seats, added permanent power in the rear and Thule bars that hold a RTT and awning. The awning is mounted using the T-bolt channel in the top of the Thule aero bars. The whole setup can be unlocked and removed as one piece. It’s a bit awkward to lift on and off but is 10 times easier than bolting the tent down with the bars already mounted to the vehicle.

1F4A507B-E68A-4435-8634-F2B5B2DDD046.jpeg

FDFC1673-2995-4622-87FD-50FA3C0C243B.jpeg

5B7012CD-3B75-4216-B266-C49EB48B2F65.jpeg

C5FAE809-B219-46BF-BD0B-904486EB51A8.jpeg

D2DA99A6-FB82-4A99-904E-466767DF068D.jpeg

Great rig! It needs to get off that concrete driveway and out into its natural habitat. :bounce:

Great rig! It needs to get off that concrete driveway and out into its natural habitat. :bounce:

I’ve camped in it for a few nights already at Desert Rendezvous, out on by American Adventurist. This setup is the result of lessons learned from the first trip. First, attaching a RTT to the roof rack takes a well-trained octopus who can reach between the bars to hold everything in place while tightening the bolts. And second, I needed an awning. I thought I wanted a roof rack but with essentially 100% or more coverage, a rack is rendered fairly useless for me, especially since I couldn’t find a good way to attach my awning with the RTT installed.

We’ll be headed out soon to field test everything. Hopefully in a month or so I’ll have a full Trekboxx system installed just in time for Overland Expo West. Next up will be a rear bumper with fuel/propane/tire storage and adding the winch to the front.

@DRCocaCola if you're keeping the factory rack and want an extra pair of cross bars, I still have mine left over from installing a prinsu rack.
if you want them, they can be yours for the cost of shipping.
or I can bring them up to the Expo in May.

Nice. I had my eye on that one too, but had other plans for my $. Maybe next year.

Very nice rig and the add-ons really make it the ultimate no road required camping machine.

Looks great. Nice mods.

Sweet truck and nice setup! Those drawers look like they're pretty slick.

Just a quick cell phone shot of my temporary stink bug en route to @reevesci Trail Tailor. OME 2725s installed prior to the rear bumper install. Trekboxx is in the rear with not even half my gear so probably 350 lbs inside and about 150 lbs on the roof. It certainly rode firm this way but wasn’t unbearable (on road only). I was thankful for the adjustable height headlights since I was barely lighting the end in my driveway based on the previous angle when the body was level, if not a tad low in the rear.

46433DE9-694E-413C-974B-670082434F9B.jpeg

Maybe when I move out of state I’ll get a LRA tank, right now CARB would get grumpy with me. That tent is a Maggiolina Extreme and it fits two just fine.

Here’s a quick cell phone pic after pick up. I need to get home to mount my second spare and hi lift. More pics when I get it all kitted out.

C7B1CCA1-BF80-4B8C-B972-3485771F09BB.jpeg

Maybe when I move out of state I’ll get a LRA tank, right now CARB would get grumpy with me. That tent is a Maggiolina Extreme and it fits two just fine.

Here’s a quick cell phone pic after pick up. I need to get home to mount my second spare and hi lift. More pics when I get it all kitted out.

View attachment 1774723

It was a pleasure D! Enjoy the bumper, skids, shock guards and tow points too. Have a safe trip home.

Jason

I still haven’t had time to take detailed photos with a rear camera but this is most of the way complete. I need to mount the hi lift and put the bike rack and bikes on to see the full potential. I’ll post up again with it fully loaded. For now, just the obligatory ‘does this make my butt look big?’ shot.

5012DB2F-2AE1-455C-9CCD-3A0BE8B4369E.jpeg

Now to get the rear camera moved so I see something more than a tire and retorque all the bolts and try to run down some popping sounds that have developed since all the changes...

Last edited:
I still haven’t had time to take detailed photos with a real camera but this is most of the way complete. I need to mount the hi lift and put the bike rack and bikes on to see the full potential. I’ll post up again with it fully loaded. For now, just the obligatory ‘does this make my butt look big?’ shot.

View attachment 1776225

Now to get the rear camera moved so I see something more than a tire and retorque all the bolts and try to run down some popping sounds that have developed since all the changes...

Is that a power tank mount?
I have the same propane tank, but my power tank mount is too big for it. Any hints on which one I should have grabbed?

Is that a power tank mount?
I have the same propane tank, but my power tank mount is too big for it. Any hints on which one I should have grabbed?

Courtesy of Roy Park Power Tank BKT-2287. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5CDZD1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Shortly after it arrived from Amazon, someone turned me on to these: Triangle Fire, Inc. | Fire Extinguisher Parts | Amerex Model 812 6 in. Heavy Duty Vehicle Bracket I didn’t bother researching it as mine had already arrived but you may want to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom