For Sale 2014 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 2014 with 22,400 miles. OME DP 2 inch lift. 18" Fuel wheels. BFG KM2 Tires. Slee sliders. Gobi roof rack. Escape Gear seat covers, front and rear. Weather tech floor covers. Pictures upon pm request. I'm in no way desperate to sell this truck.

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm sure you know what these trucks cost and how much the goodies ad up to - yes? And I did say make an offer.

Usually in the classified section we start with an asking price of what we want to sell our vehicle for not "make me an offer based on what it was worth 2 years ago. You have about 8k in mods, a truck thats worth about 60k tops. I'm not trying to offend you by any means. It really is beautiful but I feel like if I made you an offer, I would be offending you. Good Luck. Love the look.

Thank you Mike:) For the most part I'm just a lurker on this site. I've seen a few post that sound like guys looking for trucks for sale. So I thought I'd throw a worm in the water. Mine is not formally for sale. I don't mean to start a arm wrestling match, but please humor with your break down of the price I paid for the add ons...$8000 seems a bit low to me. Thanks

OME lift kit $2000
BF Goodrich tires not sure of the size $1300
Slee Sliders $1000
Weathertech Mats Three rows $300
Fuel Wheels 18inch $1200
Seatcovers $500
Gobi Rack $1700

Total 8,000

It is really nice. I think if you decide to sell you will get top dollar, no question. Wheels look awesome. GLWS

Mike, Again thank you for your kind remarks about the truck. For nothing more than entertainment. I would be interested in a more realistic assessment based on real costs.

Bp-51 lift $3450, install $700 = $4150
285/70/18 BFG KO2 X 5 @ $412 each = $2060
18/9 Fuel Rims x 5 @ $229 each = $1145
Gobi Rack with shipping $1700 *Not installed yet*
Escape seat covers front and rear $850
Sliders installed $1100
Chrome side molding strips painted $500
Weather Tech floor covers $150
2014, 22,400 miles.

Be honest. What do you think this truck is worth?

I'm shopping for a '14 and up. Put a price on it. Please.

Respectfully, LC's this year and mileage are going for around 55-57k right now. The mods are only worth it to a buyer who would perform those exact same mods and they see the value in it. Even then, expect to discount the cost you paid in mods by a good percentage. If you find a buyer here on mud, I'd expect it to sell for around 62-65k.

Thank you SpeedKiller,:) I respect your view and opinion. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be all over this truck at your price assessment. This whole thread started by my being curious about posts regarding buyers looking for trucks for sale. I'm being to regret ever posting. Shark tank? Oh and I did state 'make an offer'

Curios...I would like to hear why you, or anybody thinking like you, would "expect to discount the cost you paid in mods by a good percentage." If the mods were just purchased and installed? Why would someone just lay down and expect to take a lose at a "good percentage"? Wouldn't everybody else have to pay the same price for said mods?

I encourage enlightenment.

Thank you SpeedKiller,:) I respect your view and opinion. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be all over this truck at your price assessment. This whole thread started by my being curious about posts regarding buyers looking for trucks for sale. I'm being to regret ever posting. Shark tank? Oh and I did state 'make an offer'

Curios...I would like to hear why you, or anybody thinking like you, would "expect to discount the cost you paid in mods by a good percentage." If the mods were just purchased and installed? Why would someone just lay down and expect to take a lose at a "good percentage"? Wouldn't everybody else have to pay the same price for said mods?

I encourage enlightenment.

I have to say this is an odd way to try to sell your truck. You clearly have a price you want to get in mind, but you won't say it and refute what people are very respectfully telling you and responding in an offended manner at the reasonable replies.

For your question about mods, it's virtually universal that you will never recoup your money for modifications you add for myriad reasons. Why would someone compensate a seller for doing something they can get done themselves, except get it done exactly how they want and get the advantage of having it be new? As soon as you put miles on the tires, put feet on the mats, sit on the seat covers, etc. they are used. Generally mods like mats and seat covers do not increase the value of a vehicle at all because they are high wear items and unlikely to cause someone to choose that over an identical vehicle without them. Also you presume the mods you have put on are the exact ones someone else would want, and it's not necessarily the case that everyone has the same taste. For many, mods actually decrease the value of a vehicle because the vast majority of buyers want a stock vehicle. Don't believe me? Take your LC to a dealer or Carmax and see if they'll give you more for it than a completely stock one - my guess is they'd offer you less.

This is a for sale forum, so if you want to sell it you should post the price you want for it. If you're wanting to generate legitimate interest, you should post up a lot more information and pictures instead of making people guess what you have into it. If you've invested $80k into a asset that depreciates, it's not unrealistic to expect to get less than that when you go to sell it. Keep in mind it's not uncommon for brand new 2016s to sell for ~$77k, so it it unlikely you will get close to that regardless of mods.

mcgaskins pretty much summed it above. Having sold multiple modded vehicles, I can say with first-hand experience that the cost of mods can't simply be added to the value of the vehicle. It will take longer to find a buyer who finds value in your specific mods and even then you'll expect to discount those mods when determining an agreeable price. If you're not happy with the suggested pricing above, list it for what you want and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom