2014 Georgia Cruisers Annual October 18th (1 Viewer)

How would you like the Annual to be held this year? (Read the thread before choosing)

• Ralph's- Trail riding and Cookout

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A cookout at a my house

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Go to Adventure Off-road

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since no ones posted about this yet, I figured i would... At the BOD meeting Sunday, we discussed changing the date for the annual so that anyone who wanted to go to AOP could still do so. I made it very clear at the meeting that whatever option received the most votes in the election was going to happen. But there are a lot of people who come to the annual just to hangout and catch up with the folks that they haven't seen much of over the past year. Those people, more than likely, will not want to make a day trip up to Tennessee. (Even Ralph's is pushing it for me just to see all yalls ugly faces lol :flipoff2:).

We spoke of Ralphs being a possible annual location if it was available another weekend. It would be arranged a lot like last years annual, only the club would subsidize some of the $30 entry fee (because thats some BS..)

Im sure there will be plenty more talk about this at the meeting Tuesday, but it was important to me to post this BEFORE the annual election had ended so that it doesn't look like a few sore losers coming out of left field decided to change the plan for everyone because they didn't get their way.

Or hell, maybe we decide not to change the current plan at all and have the Annual up north with the Tennessee fellers :)

Im still voting for Nick's since i wanna see that damn deck he's been building!

We won't come if there is no wheeling. it's just to far for us for a hang out ;) not that we dont like hanging with yall but if we gonna make that ride up we gone wheel. Wish we was closer then it would be cool either way and then I could make a meeting lol.

Hell prolly don't need to come any how need to be fixing my taco not the lil p/u

Well, I’m going to throw in my 2 cents worth…and hopefully I can do it without being called unpleasant names by others on the forum.
I realize that I may be the lone voice here, but I vote for Ralph’s. Before I get tarred and feathered, let me explain why.
First and foremost, the annual is as much a social event as a wheeling event. If the event is moved to Tennessee, there will be a large portion of the club that will not attend. Ralph’s has the advantage of being close to metro Atlanta.
Now let’s talk price. Yes, the price of Ralph’s has gone up. But Adventure off road is $25 per DAY, and you have to spend $50 - $75 in gas to get there and back. So if money is your only concern, Ralph’s is actually cheaper.
Now, having wheeled both locations, I would like to speak up on behalf of the club members that do not have 12” lifts and 39” tires. Ralph’s is much friendlier for stock and slightly modified trucks. And like it or not, I believe the club must continue to have events friendly to these trucks if we are going to continue to attract new members.
And finally, I do not want to see the Georgia Cruisers, for all practical purposes, cancel OUR annual in favor of tagging along on someone else’s annual. I think it is important that we maintain our identity.
Now, having said all that, I realize that a large portion of the club wants to go to the STLCA event. So go. It sounds like fun. Who knows, I may even show up. As a club, we should be able to acknowledge when other members within our group have different ideas, or want to make different plans. So again I say, let’s go to the STLCA event on the 18th. But let’s not cancel our annual to do it.
So, I would like to propose an alternative that is not in the list Nick posted to vote on. My idea is simply this. Let those that want to go to the STLCA event in Tennessee go. And we will move the Georgia Cruisers annual to another weekend. We may have it at Ralph’s, or we may have it at Nick’s. We can decide that later.
Regardless of where we have it, I think we should have a Georgia Cruiser annual and I think it should be in metro Atlanta. So I vote for Ralph’s, on a date other than the 18th.

rjs78

SILVER Star
I have no choice but to work tonight, so will miss the monthly meeting. There have been no significant changes to either membership or treasury balance. Below are my votes in order of preference:
1. Later weekend at Ralph's
2. Later weekend at Nick's
3. Same weekend at Ralph's
4. Same weekend at Nick's

Robert has some good points about $$$ and the distance traveled! And really lots of people do just show up to socialize.

Says the guy that just got back from the Southern Cruiser Crawl and went to Alaska this year...:flipoff2:

I hope everyone can make the meeting tonight so we can really hammer this out and get a true opinion from more of the members. I truly believe the annual should be held where the majority of the members want it to be held...

Look forward to seeing a good crowd tonight, the weather should be great...

Well the votes are in and the majority of the members want to go up to AOP for the Annual. The next order of business is to organize how many people are planning on attending and when they plan to head up to AOP. I will update the first post with the logistics of the ride and a list of the people that plan to attend, so post up after this to let me know if you are coming so I can add you to the list. Look forward to having a good crowd and some great wheeling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom