2014 FJ Ultimate TT Edition low mileage - Worth It? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dealer has a 35k mi 2014 Heritage Blue Ultimate TT on the lot ... price to me was a surprise, firm at 38k. Nice rig, like new almost. About 2k more than I'd planned on spending, concerned buying so high I'd see a major drop in the next two years. Thoughts, is the Ultimate Edition worth the extra $ and will it hold value any more than other rigs? Thx

As far as I know the only real standout is the paint color on the UTT model. I'm sure it's loaded with all premium packages too. I think it comes with upgraded Bilstein shocks, but all other upgrades are interior. You might consider a higher mileage truck to bring pricing down to your budget. 35K on the odo is practically new for these trucks - likely only had 7 oil changes, tires rotated and no other scheduled maintenance done.

The price of new and used Toyotas is odd and frustrating. The new ones are getting so expensive people are buying used and the demand is there for the used pricing to stay high. I remember looking at a fjc similar to what your looking at new and it was 38.
5 years before that a trail teams could be bought new at the end of the month of 31k. I remember the green trail teams at a dealer for 29,999 new

There is a fj cruiser forum with a good many forsale called fjforums. It is enthusiasts so the prices can be inflated there as well but you can find many of them with low miles.
I bought my trd with 3200 miles in 09 for 26k. Lots of low miles ones out there.

I wouldn't buy this vehicle as an investment if that's your thought as cars shouldn't be bought that way. I wouldn't think you would see a drastic dip in fj cruiser prices over the next few years but as they age the price will (should ) go down.

In addition to the "TRD-tuned" Bilstein shocks (with external reservoirs on the rear), the TTUE came with a TRD spring package and an aluminum TRD front skid plate. Also, the wheels, although similar to other FJC special editions, are in a unique grey color. The TTUE's seem to be holding their value well in the re-sale market, so I'm not surprised a dealer wants $38K.

likely only had 7 oil changes,
Actually since the 2010 change to synthetic oil , oil changes are only necessary every 10k miles. Doing mine tomorrow for the 7th time, first at 5k then every 10k, Im at 63k with my 2012 TTSE.

Last edited:
///The price of new and used Toyotas is odd and frustrating.///
I think that is especially true with the area/region of country you live in. I think $38k for a 35k mileage 2 year old $35k new vehicle seems high.
A lot depends on where the vehicle is.
Dealers in Ca wanted $30k for my 2012 TTSE but I paid $24K cash from a large Toyota truck dealer in St.Louis, Mo and an extra $900 to put it on a truck to my house. Mine was still on a ship when I bought it online. But I saved $5k over any Ca dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom