2013 Southern Cruiser Crawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bodean

Hot Damn
Threads
Registration is now open for the 9th annual Southern Cruiser Crawl! October 10-13 are the dates. Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs, AR is the location. Hope to see y'all there. Gonna be a good time for sure!! http://cottonlandcruisers.com/registration/

Is this park more more of a windrock type place or mud like Dtown or beasley?
Ive never been to Arkansas so this could be a fun trip.

From what I've heard, it's more like Golden Mountain.

Sent from another Galaxy

I had a buddy who went out for takeover a few years back, I think it has a lot of sandstone. If I remember right he said it was really tough on tires, like driving on 80 grit, so it has awesome grip. I don't know about the trail layout.

Thanks guys.
Off to the Youtubes i go!

FYI: If you are doing the KOA thing mention that you are at an event at Superlift and you get 15% off!

I have wheeled this park for years now and it is a little tough on tires but its my favorite place to wheel. Some of it reminds me of Coal Creek. A good mix of big rock and small. Not too much mud. You can get into as much trouble as you want I can assure you!

Neither. Of places around GA, GMP might be the best comparison like Sam said. Although the type of rock is quite different, I'd say the level of the trails are similar. Meaning a lot of higher level trails and not as much for smaller rigs - at least not for rigs that don't want body damage.

I had a buddy who went out for takeover a few years back, I think it has a lot of sandstone. If I remember right he said it was really tough on tires, like driving on 80 grit, so it has awesome grip. I don't know about the trail layout.
When its dry, the traction is pretty good; when its wet, the traction is less, but not a total loss (like GMP is). Unless he was talking about Katemcy, I don't know where he got the "80 grit" from. I'd call it more like calving granite personally. Lots of sharp points and lots of loose, sharp small stuff too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really cool park, but try to find someone with a rig like yours and/or similar wheeling styles and ask them if it'd be worth it for you. The park is pretty small, has few low-risk trails (not that I've been on many of them), and it's a long way from Atlanta. If you have the time and money to spare, go for it. As Bodean said, the event itself is always great though, despite if the wheeling is good or bad. Not trying to talk you out of it, just don't want you to drive all that way and A) Not enjoy the wheeling or B) Damage your rig.

We are 1 month out!! Registration will close on 30 Sept. Please register ASAP so you you will be guaranteed a t-shirt. See y'all soon!

There's a slight chance I may be able to take rigs over again if anyone is interested.

That dang Steve! You rock man! Y'all throw a rig or 2 on that trailer and come awn! It's gonna be a good un!

That dang Steve! You rock man! Y'all throw a rig or 2 on that trailer and come awn! It's gonna be a good un!
On one hand, I gotta say "thanks for the props Bodean". But on the other, I gotta tell you that I may have to give you, and anyone involved in the date selection for SCC, a big smack in the face for killing my Moab plans! :doh::flipoff2:

Man we have done it that weekend for years. Sorry about that!

Man we have done it that weekend for years. Sorry about that!
No worries Bodean. There were many other contributing factors to the demise of my trip. I was just bustin your chops for the fun of it.

The reason for my mix up is that Columbus Day falls a week earlier this year. I had planned my trip around the holiday as a "free" day. I didn't recall SCC being on a holiday weekend last year, which it wasn't, so that's why I was assuming the Crawl was going to be the weekend after Columbus Day. Little did I know, Columbus Day is a set "day" holiday and not a set "date" holiday. SCC stayed the same - it was the damn holiday that changed dates!!! :whoops:

In any case, you should feel quite privileged that I cancelled a 10 day trip to Utah and Colorado to make it to SCC '13! :grinpimp:

And I do bro!

Who is coming from the Ga. Cruisers??? I'm Registered and heading in from the California side!!! Krazzy Huh???​

GO DOG GO!!!

Looks like just me and you Hendog. Although I'm not registered yet. Buying the new tow rig broke the bank.

I know the feeling--- Mark keeps finding a long list of stuff I need done!!! And Ryan's Clutch just went out in the Mini Truck!!! Now my fool injection in the 40 is running way rich and won't idle either. Duramax needs $1500 front end work as well. Is there no end???? Oh Yeah Property Taxes Due on the Stone Castle on 15th Oct.

22 days!!

image-1063829425.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom