2013 San Rafael Swell! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sunday

I figured I should finish up this thread before moving on to the Kokopelli/CM madness. I'll get the time-lapse done one of these days but am trying to finish one up for Cruise Moab first.

Sunday was a relaxing albeit cold morning. The riffraff....er...rest of the group headed home or onward to Moab and warmer climates. All that was left was the newest and oldest truck of the trip! Galen and I descended into the bowels of Black Dragon Canyon. This labyrinth, parallels I-70 and was likely an original thoroughfare through the Swell by the early explorers. The canyon has fun semi-technical terrain and a great petroglyph panel (we didn't stop this time but it is worth your visit). After passing through the narrows, you exit at the interstate directly at the base of the Swell. Perfect positioning for your journey home. While airing up we saw woody (the Black Hand of Mud) driving by and gave each-other a honk. Then in was into Grand Junction for dinner at Ray's and home.

Thank you all for attending in presence or in spirit. It was a true highlight for me and the group was amazing. I hope to have the honor, and look forward to doing it again. The genesis of next years trip will remain the same (Comb Ridge), as will the ultimate destination. The points that connect the dot's will be vastly different. We hope to see you in April, 2014.

be well, drive on

Nice report and photos. Glad to see it moved to April so less FYTO. Speaking of moving, when did Ray's Tavern move to GJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom