SOLD 2013 LX570 - Huntsville, Ala - 93,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX570
Mileage
Color
Black
Well-maintained, mostly unmodified 2013 Lexus LX570 - the more luxurious evolution of the 200-Series Land Cruiser (i did a chrome delete so she'd look more like one)
VIN# JTJHY7AXXD4119668
5.7L V8 (3UR-FE) $91k MSRP in 2013 from Hendrick Lexus Northlake in Charlotte.
I am asking $36,000.00 $35,000 OBO

Betsy spent the first 6 years ~50k miles in the Charlotte, NC area (1 lease, 2 brief owners), in 2018 carfax shows minor damage to rear but there is no evidence of such that I ever found in PPI prior to my purchase in 2019 - nor in my time of ownership - which has been the last 4 years ~50k miles in Alabama - I am the 4th owner.

No rust, no mechanical issues. Drives smooth as butter. I live in hilly area so i felt like i was churning through rotors/pads quicker than i wanted to be so at 90k i put Raybestos Specialty Truck Heavy Duty rotors from RockAuto on and have had them for ~6 months and they've performed well. kept everything maintenance wise/PNs etc in excel spreadsheet. Highlighted blue rows is going to be the previous ownership before myself - found on Lexus online by VIN#.

Pros: Most recently serviced at Rocket City Cruisers @RocketCityCrzrs & @Zjohnsonua who did fluid replacement on the AHC system and replaced the Radiator with the new revision of the Toyota PN, sourced at Bill Penney Toyota -along with upper hose, lower hose and thermostat just because. (Radiator is a common 200 series issue, documented well on here, for 200 series & upon the realization of what happened I then spent hours on this forum thereafter so thanks to for the community help there)

Other preventative maintenance items I have had done include: At 70k, exchanged the transmission fluid 00289-ATFWS, replaced filter & o-ring purchased from Bill Penney Toyota.
At 90k I also replaced transfer case, front/rear differential fluids using the Ravenol kit from blauparts.com
Did an exterior chrome delete at Barnes Signs in Madison, AL.
windows tinted off the lot in 2013.
Falken Wildpeak ATW3 275/55/R20 tires have 28k miles on them.
Rear DVD, Cool box

Cons: (pictured) Tear in the leather of drivers seat & The 2nd row latch that folds down the middle seat ripped, but its still enough to grab on to, still fully functional. few minor exterior scratches for a 10 yr old vehicle. I have an appointment scheduled to address the drivers seat and 2nd row latch - first available was March 06th, 2023 at north Alabama auto upholstery shop

Lexus service history by VIN - 35k mile entry:
i got into a bit of disagreement around the battery replacement at 57000 miles with the local Lexus dealership so if you run the VIN on Lexus dealer service history site online you'll find a Nov 2019 entry, but they put the entry at 35,000 miles. which was obviously wrong mileage, because i didnt own it at 35k - not sure if purposeful but they wouldn't honor free replacement of battery as I was a few months outside manufacturer's warranty on the OEM battery. They offered half-off of a new replacement battery, but with no warranty. A new battery from Autozone was the same price as "half-off' from dealership & Autozone's came with warranty so that's what I did.

Lexus service history by VIN - 67k mile entry:
10k miles later, while with the family at a drive-in movie, tailgate open, everything on for ~3 hours - the truck died, had to call AAA to come jump the battery. after this experience, i bought this jump starter from amazon (and have only ever used it to jump off other people on 2 occasions, but it feels good to have it in case you need it) but anyway after the AAA jump, the Nav didnt work for like 3-4 days. so the last time i visited the Lexus dealer was at 67k entry you'll see online when the Nav didnt work. I walked away with a $2400 quote and started researching on here what else it could be... thought it might be the amp based on others experiences - even got a quote from United Radio to repair it.. but a couple cold starts later and all the sudden it magically came back to life... so it was out 4-5 days total... i took no further actions besides unhooking the battery and rehooking it back up. she just needed a week vacation I suppose.
i've driven another ~26k miles since then without a single issue out it.

Reason for Selling: Baby #4 on the way, need to free up some cash so I had to get practical here and bought an older 2nd Gen Sequoia about 2 weeks ago, so I am going to let Betsy go ... Someone come buy it so I dont have to look at her in my driveway anymore. This was my first LX/LC but it wont be my last.
i have the original carpet mats, plus Lexus all-weather rubber mats. 2 key fobs... This tank has many, many more (s)miles to go for the next lucky owner.
Message me with any questions. Clean title in hand.

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

driversside.jpg

Maintenance1.PNG

Maintenance2.PNG

Last edited:
I'll take off $1k from sale price, because the tires have likely ticked over their halfway point of use at 28k miles. These Falken's have 55k treadlife warranty. I've rotated every 5k with oil changes.. so I think they'll make it 50-55k of use. i bought 5 of them like a dummy & didnt incorporate 5 tire rotations so there's a brand new one underneath as a spare. so i guess new owner would only need to buy 3 when that time rolls around in a couple years? i can provide date of manf on the tire if you want it. (I think there's a 7 year rule of thumb on that)
date of manufacture: 1620 (~April 2020) on the current 5 tires...

I'm blown away this hasn't sold. OP, have you listed this on any of the big sites, like AutoTrader or CarGurus? I don't think I found it when I was in the market. You're priced aggressively for what looks like a very solid truck.

I'm blown away this hasn't sold. OP, have you listed this on any of the big sites, like AutoTrader or CarGurus? I don't think I found it when I was in the market. You're priced aggressively for what looks like a very solid truck.
Nope - I guess I am being lazy thinking FB marketplace and MUD was going to be easy to sell. but i suppose I'll be paying the fee to get on one of these other outlets you mention. what's turning people away here? # of owners? I figured this subset of people would see past that based on my maintenance history. Anyone waiting on March 6th for me to fix my drivers seat? not getting much feedback here, was really hoping to be able to sell on this forum.

here's the carfax from the dealer where i purchased it in AUG 2019. this shows the history prior to my ownership. I purchased this vehicle at Nelson Mazda of Franklin, TN at 52k miles (I didnt count them as an owner).

2018 rear damage
Owner #3 -North Carolina- drove it for 10 months/14.8k miles, about halfway through that duration was the 2018 rear damage (assume to be fender bender or like carfax says 'not all damage is caused by an accident' ? whatever that means... nothing's ever been out of the norm regarding this entry, in my time of ownership). its a non-issue

See page 3 where I highlighted with sharpie while i was sitting at the dealership, but there's no indication of mileage - only that it occurred on 11/2018 and then 7 months later was traded in, sent to auction, and sold.

So I'm sharpie-ing this carfax print out at the dealership, juiced with excitement about the purchase- but thinking this entry was going to be my negotiation fuel - however, this tactic didnt work in my favor as they had just got the car in from detail - I believe i was the first to see it. understandably they just got it, they took a 'take or leave it', no haggle approach - so 90 miles away from home, I traded in my 09 yukon on the spot and paid what they asked. no extended warranty and couldnt be more excited about ownership... which was a great pleasure. If you know these vehicles, you know the value here.

At 93k miles, this thing is a baby. and its been babied. just needs the next person to take her hand as she enters elementary school? Fair analogy? maybe middle school? I know she's got a long road of fun adventures ahead! I've never taken off-road, only highway miles from summer trip to Wisconsin to family beaching in Pensacola, FL & a few hockey tournaments in between.
It's a 10 yr old truck, with less than 10k miles/yr. What are you guys waiting on? I'll be patient.

carfaxownermileage.jpeg

carfax2.jpeg

carfax3.jpeg

carfax4.jpeg

carfaxlastpage.jpeg

A potential buyer (& mud member) came up 90 miles from bham this morning with his son, spent 2 hours going over everything, test driving - whole 9. Really, he was raised in town here & he was visiting his parents - & likely knew he wasnt going to buy. but wanted to check out it out just because, on a 60 degree sunny Sunday... Well, long story short, its black. I am clearly selling a black vehicle. which doesnt hide imperfections like a grey/silver vehicle might. so below i've pictured right rear end where i swiped against it in the driveway with my 02' 4runner a few years ago. there's a nic on the spoiler too that could easily be masked with the black onyx (OE code 202/204) marker here I just hadnt got to it yet.

Therefore, to anyone that's slightly interested in buying my truck - send me a message, lets video call or i'll send you specific videos of anything you want to see - before you travel to me.. before we spend the time it takes to get to know a vehicle before purchasing it - which i am glad to do, of course.
Serious inquiries only please.

• this is a 10 yr old truck, with under 100k miles. (re-read from the top of this listing)
  • it is awesome, well-cared for and i do want to sell it.
  • I am not joking when i say that this is the best $35k you will ever spend.
  • this was $42k vehicle six-seven months ago.

IMG_1890.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the alert where you put it on car gurus 😂. Looks like a great truck. I have had bad luck getting good seat repairs done in the past so I am interested in what your repair looks like when it’s finished up. I’ve passed on a few that have had ripped seats because I can’t find anyone in Knoxville that wants to fool with it.

Just got the alert where you put it on car gurus 😂. Looks like a great truck. I have had bad luck getting good seat repairs done in the past so I am interested in what your repair looks like when it’s finished up. I’ve passed on a few that have had ripped seats because I can’t find anyone in Knoxville that wants to fool with it.
yes im interested in the outcome as well. wasnt sure if someone was going to buy it before the appt or not but i still plan to get it done as a condition of the sale (if buyer semi-local I guess). Its at Albertville Auto Upholstery and they came recommended from another cruiser guy. When i called, they also seem to do a good bit of work for dealerships in the area - with 2 days per week blocked strictly as 'dealer days'

hey guys.. here's a look at the new radiator just installed at 90k (along with the AHC fluid exchange) @RocketCityCrzrs . had several local showing and a few offers from a far. she still hasnt sold. I'll get it back on Tuesday from the upholstery place and will upload more pictures then.
rad11.PNG

rad22.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom