2013 LC 200 (USA) noise help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone - I’ll caveat this by stating I really like my vehicle but am not very knowledgeable in car speak so bear with me

I’ve had an issue for about a year on my 2013 LC 200. When going under say 5 miles an hour and running over a small bump (entering garage cement lip, driveway exit, etc) I get a low squeaking noise that drives me nuts. When in the driver seat it sounds like a low groan/ squeak that fades out like marble or something rolling back and forth to a standstill under the front dash driver side. However when I put the car in park, open the drivers door and physically rock the vehicle to sway left and right I can quickly stick my head under the vehicle under the middle row of seats and it almost sounds like something is moving back and forth in the frame or somewhere in that area ( by and large exact same sound which may simply be manifesting itself differently depending on where one is). It stops after a second or two but is loud enough to hear in the car. It does not happen in the winter interestingly enough. Dealer #1 had the vehicle for a week and “heard nothing”. For dealer #2 I produced the sound which they confirmed, had the vehicle for a week, and said they could not hear anything. They did say they greased a number of bushings. I’m at a loss where to take it as I only have so much time to drop off at dealers who seem like they really don’t want to solve the problem. I haven’t had any luck taking a recording in the vehicle with my phone as the engine noise picked up by the mic tends to drown out anything else so open to suggestions there too. Any help here would be great I’ll keep trying to get a useful recording

I once owned a toyota pickup that had a marble rolling around in the rocker panel. Any time I’d hit the brakes I would hear wirrrr-clunk. Spent WAY too much time tracking that thing down.

(Edit: and removing it required lifting the bed 8 inches to gain access to a body plug at the rear of the rocker)

Have kids? Or bought it used? If so your chances of something similar (even a loose bolt or nut vs a marble) are much higher.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone - I’ll caveat this by stating I really like my vehicle but am not very knowledgeable in car speak so bear with me

I’ve had an issue for about a year on my 2013 LC 200. When going under say 5 miles an hour and running over a small bump (entering garage cement lip, driveway exit, etc) I get a low squeaking noise that drives me nuts. When in the driver seat it sounds like a low groan/ squeak that fades out like marble or something rolling back and forth to a standstill under the front dash driver side. However when I put the car in park, open the drivers door and physically rock the vehicle to sway left and right I can quickly stick my head under the vehicle under the middle row of seats and it almost sounds like something is moving back and forth in the frame or somewhere in that area ( by and large exact same sound which may simply be manifesting itself differently depending on where one is). It stops after a second or two but is loud enough to hear in the car. It does not happen in the winter interestingly enough. Dealer #1 had the vehicle for a week and “heard nothing”. For dealer #2 I produced the sound which they confirmed, had the vehicle for a week, and said they could not hear anything. They did say they greased a number of bushings. I’m at a loss where to take it as I only have so much time to drop off at dealers who seem like they really don’t want to solve the problem. I haven’t had any luck taking a recording in the vehicle with my phone as the engine noise picked up by the mic tends to drown out anything else so open to suggestions there too. Any help here would be great I’ll keep trying to get a useful recording
If you think it is a frame rail then you could shoot a healthy doze of Fluid Film in there and see what happens. Or use an inspection scope. Using one seems to require a talent I am missing. I would shoot FF.

I also have same noise, exactly how you describe it. I’m thinking marble or something similar. It is intermittent though. I know original owner had young kids and my kids could be guilty of dropping something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom