SOLD 2012 LEXUS GX 460- ONE OWNER 37K MILES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everyone hates on the barn door without mentioning the positives:

1. It can be a place to mount a spare without having to buy a swing out (check out JW offroad they make a nice mount).

2. You can easily mount a flip down table to set up a camp kitchen.

Yes it is different and the window doesn’t roll down like the 4Runner, but there are some advantages.

My buddy has one, Yes there are some advantages. Yet when it’s raining I Prefer the Cover of the Hatchback 👍

For sure. Different strokes makes the world go round.

Since this is a for sale thread - just wondering what you guys think of the price? Weird to me that not a single person has commented on that. Assuming it had the title thing taken care of, what’s the consensus here?

For sure. Different strokes makes the world go round.

Since this is a for sale thread - just wondering what you guys think of the price? Weird to me that not a single person has commented on that. Assuming it had the title thing taken care of, what’s the consensus here?
As someone that’s looking for my next vehicle to have some overland capabilities, this forum is great but most people have an absorb value on their vehicles. This GX is nice and had my interest, until i saw the asking price.

I came from a 5th Gen 4Runner, I really don't feel a disadvantage with the rear door. I actually prefer it.

Regards to my asking price, I've had a few PM's asking about my breakdown. I'll address it here...
*I paid $28k for the vehicle, granted it's on the high side, I really only wanted a 2010-2013. w/ mileage and ownership history I could not pass up. It is also the most aesthetically pleasing to me.
*$10k- includes ICON Suspension, BMC, Sliders, Method Wheels & tires. Includes professional labor installation, alignment, etc.
*3M Crystaline- $1500. Premium tint
*Addtional misc. service, mats, also have a new set of Weather Tech Rain Guards)

I'm at $40k in this vehicle, so at $34k, I priced it for someone that does not want to go through the "build' process.

Lastly, I went into my Local DMV and received the okay with my method of transfer. (DMV supervisor that okay'd was a referral, we can go to him if needed). Appreciate everyone's input.

I don't think you overpaid on the truck - will all just come down to how someone values the mods.

One question I'd want to know if I was buying (was looking and posting for a friend here) is if you still have the running boards. It looks super clean when you chop off the top fascia piece and reattach above sliders to clean up the rocker panels. The silver rig in this thread did what i am talking about Builds - "Guinea Pig" GX460 Light Build Thread

GLWS!

I came from a 5th Gen 4Runner, I really don't feel a disadvantage with the rear door. I actually prefer it.

Regards to my asking price, I've had a few PM's asking about my breakdown. I'll address it here...
*I paid $28k for the vehicle, granted it's on the high side, I really only wanted a 2010-2013. w/ mileage and ownership history I could not pass up. It is also the most aesthetically pleasing to me.
*$10k- includes ICON Suspension, BMC, Sliders, Method Wheels & tires. Includes professional labor installation, alignment, etc.
*3M Crystaline- $1500. Premium tint
*Addtional misc. service, mats, also have a new set of Weather Tech Rain Guards)

I'm at $40k in this vehicle, so at $34k, I priced it for someone that does not want to go through the "build' process.

Lastly, I went into my Local DMV and received the okay with my method of transfer. (DMV supervisor that okay'd was a referral, we can go to him if needed). Appreciate everyone's input.

Difficult to say with such low mileage, and it is a well built truck. Granted, if someone is dropping over $30k on a vehicle they are usually looking at something a little newer.

I picked up my 2011 460 with 68k miles on it, unmodded, for $18k. Although that was from a family connection so I got a pretty solid deal on it.

If you wanted to move the vehicle quickly I think something around $30k would net more of a response. A guy a few months ago sold a very nicely modded 2012 460 for around $26k, but it had over 100k miles on it.

So, regardless of what an unnamed DMV employee may have said in response to whatever circumstances were described to him or her, title skipping is illegal in CA and probably a whole lot of other states. It might go unnoticed, but it's actually tax fraud on the part of the seller and it might not go smoothly. If you have all the paperwork arranged as listed in post #4 in the below linked thread it might go unnoticed. I'd think the signature date on the title release might raise a clerks eyebrows if it was from a while ago. The bill of sale is at best irrelevant and at worst will probably serve as evidence of the skipped title. Proceed with caution.

So, regardless of what an unnamed DMV employee may have said in response to whatever circumstances were described to him or her, title skipping is illegal in CA and probably a whole lot of other states. It might go unnoticed, but it's actually tax fraud on the part of the seller and it might not go smoothly. If you have all the paperwork arranged as listed in post #4 in the below linked thread it might go unnoticed. I'd think the signature date on the title release might raise a clerks eyebrows if it was from a while ago. The bill of sale is at best irrelevant and at worst will probably serve as evidence of the skipped title. Proceed with caution.

Last edited:
I'm all about protecting both sides, but I notice a pattern with certain users that attempt to sabotage listings. I have been completely transparent here. Let the "real" potential buyer and seller resolve should a situation arise.

With that said, if anyone is serious about purchasing, I will absolutely do everything to make this a very easy transaction. I'm also willing to have a broker involved should the end buyer feel more comfortable. I'm also willing to accommodate to any of the fees.

This is probably the worst time to list a vehicle under our circumstances, I will keep listing up for 1 more week, otherwise I will keep a bit longer and enjoy the vehicle. Best of luck to all, thanks again for all the inquiries so far.

Seems like people in these parts put full "retail" value in their mods.

Mod value drops tremendously once taken out of the box, it becomes used.

Plus, you may be right about the title, but that doesn't inspire a lot of buyer confidence. You might get closer to what your asking for if you clear that issue up.

Plus, you may be right about the title, but that doesn't inspire a lot of buyer confidence. You might get closer to what your asking for if you clear that issue up.

Speaking from experience with this... but you would not be able to get this titled in NC the way it currently is. I went through hell getting a Jeep registered here that was under the exact same circumstances.

I think this truck will sell for $30K. It's clean, low mile, older front end, one of the best colors, and nicely modded. That said, it'll take the right buyer even at that price. Tough time to be selling, sucks all the way around. GLWS!

So with the suspension changes done to this vehicle how has the on pavement ride changed ? Would it be harsher ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom