2010 GX460 radio going haywire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife’s radio is going crazy in her GX. It started happening in extreme temps, but now it’s all the time. Anyone have an issue like this? Know a fix?

Here’s a video.

That unfortunately... has not shown to be a easy or cheap repair. Maybe a stuck contact in one of the knobs?

My wife’s radio is going crazy in her GX. It started happening in extreme temps, but now it’s all the time. Anyone have an issue like this? Know a fix?

Here’s a video.

Mine in my 2010 seems to randomly change between sources (BT, SAT, FM, etc). I do wonder if my mode button on my steering wheel is stuck like @Acrad mentioned.

Just spit-wading here, but would disconnecting the battery and connecting again help?

I’ve had mine in several times for Lexus to try and diagnosis it. They always say they can’t duplicate it. Sometimes it would be months before it would shuffle through all the modes. Mostly when it was real hot. Then it started doing it cold. It’s not the mode button on the steering wheel. It tries to load discs and turns the radio off things the mode button can’t do. It also makes the volume knob unresponsive sometimes. Idk what to do about it.

Any updates on this...what to look for....we also have a 2010 that started doing this last week, switching modes on it own and volume not working... temps are over 100...Wife says it is making her crazy

Mine also acts crazy. If I turn on the AC to reduce the temperature of the interior, the volume and tune start working again and the mode stops acting crazy. I'm surprised there's no known fix. Lexus says they can't reproduce it.

My 2010 just started doing this today. Have an appointment scheduled at the dealer a month from now so will see what they say

Mine in my 2010 seems to randomly change between sources (BT, SAT, FM, etc). I do wonder if my mode button on my steering wheel is stuck like @Acrad mentioned.

I just want add an update my original post that this has not happened since I made the post. *knock on wood* Guess the mode button sticking was the culprit.

That is all.

I just want add an update my original post that this has not happened since I made the post. *knock on wood* Guess the mode button sticking was the culprit.

That is all.
Was going to say it sure looks like a sticky steering wheel button.... if not that perhaps even a bad clock spring.

Unrelated but I have a Nissan Frontier that kept throwing an airbag light that turned out to just be a bad clock spring.

Glad it's holding up so far as it's crazy expensive to replace.

Ah ha! Only had my 2010 less than a month. It did this a couple of times, in the first week. But never since. I was hoping I had just pushed a button not knowing the vehicle yet.. could be coincidence… when I hit the disc eject button it stopped the cycle.

Just got back from the dealership. They told me there is a special service bulletin available for a firmware update that may solve it. Will need to get it scheduled now and see if it fixes it 🤞🏽

So uh, lots of people were having this issue in this thread, and no one found a solution?

I am having this exact same problem on my 2010 Lexus GX 460. It only happens when the interior is hot. That TSB @Acrad linked does not list the symptom we are having. The screen isn't locking up, it's just randomly changing inputs, forgetting all radio presets, and spitting out the CDs.

There is presumably a root cause to this issue, and if so no one has appeared to solve it yet online? It's for sure not a sticking button. Could it be leaking capacitors in the ECU or infotainment I wonder?

Paging @thebrassnuckles @MrTorgue @machinehead323 @JDUB fab @mikehighlife , are you still experiencing this issue, and if not, how did you solve it?

Havnt experienced the issue in almost 2 years, it only did it in the first month of ownership… sorry I can’t help

@Nytron I cleaned around my steering wheel buttons after I made my post and the problem hasn't shown back up in almost 2 years.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom