2010 460 - Passenger Mirror has a mind of it's own (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently, my passenger mirror has decided that any time i turn the truck on it wants to rotate to a full forward (mirror facing straight away from vehicle) even though the mirror fold button is in the off position. It doesn't matter if i do or do not select a driver preference button. It also feels like its not properly connected to the drive motor internally (guessing a linkage has broken or fallen off).

Anyone have experience with this and as a short term solution is there a fuse i can pull which will only disable the mirrors or are they connected to other items on the circuit? Long term i'm guessing i'll have to replace the whole mirror assembly.

Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: r2m
Never seen that problem on this forum before.
Folding away from the door is not the way the mirror fold system works. When using it, it will fold the mirrors inward toward the side windows, so that for sure is jacked-up some how.
Do you hear any grinding or bumping/popping like the mirror is bouncing off a physical stop?
One last think, have you looked at the sticky post for manuals: GX 460 Manuals - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/gx-460-manuals.1129713/ post #2. Look for the mirrors and see how the assembly works. My only concern for you is that Lexus/Toyota has a way of packaging their replacement parts as assemblies, hence a sub component that should cost $10.00 will be bundled with maybe an entire mirror assembly for a couple of hundred dollars or something like that.
Regarding fuses, I'm sure Acrad will chime in here but I can almost guaranty there will not be a mirrors-only fuse.

Yep, something's amiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom