2008 Toyota Land Cruiser Found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcrear.jpg

hmmm, looks pretty similar to me

those tailights suck! And as far as the LX470s go, why the hell have 4 turn signals in the back? 4 reverse lights would be better!

Some aussies have reported placing orders for the V8 diesel troopy and will get them delivered in March.
Seems about right ,the cutoff date for ordering your colour in the old turbo diesel was few weeks back as it now out of production.

I think Toyota needs to downsize the cruiser, or lose the full size version and bring the 70's into the US to fill a niche.

I agree but it ain't gonna happen.

The only company that REALLY cares about the off-road market is Jeep. Sorry but it's true. Seen the new 08 Wrangler?

4 Doors
Solid-Axle, coil spring suspension
removable top
low-range xfer case
Real lockin diffs that don't require more computing power than the Space Shuttle (A-TRAC) :rolleyes:
etc

Prove me wrong Toyota. Build a Wrangler beater. Please!

Thread Hijack Off.

I don't know why Toyota doesn't just move the Fancy Luxury crap up to the Lexus dealers and just give us a barebones LC with rubber floors, seats with washable heavy duty material (or even vinyl), no navigation crap to break, no auto climate control, no heated seats, or any of that other CRAP that makes it cost so damned much. I want an LC because it is still built in Japan. When you drive one, it feels ROCK SOLID, but I don't want to have to pay 60K for that build quality.

Ummm, they did...it's the FJ Cruiser. Land Crusier or not, it's barebones, rubber floors, PVC seats, no navigation, no auto climate, no heated seats, and is made in Japan. Only thing they missed on is the IFS. And I'll tell ya', for IFS it does pretty damn well. And if IFS really aggrevates you, give it time and there will be a SAS out and there you go.

I agree but it ain't gonna happen.

The only company that REALLY cares about the off-road market is Jeep. Sorry but it's true. Seen the new 08 Wrangler?

4 Doors
Solid-Axle, coil spring suspension
removable top
low-range xfer case
Real lockin diffs that don't require more computing power than the Space Shuttle (A-TRAC) :rolleyes:
etc

Prove me wrong Toyota. Build a Wrangler beater. Please!

Thread Hijack Off.

The new Wrangler has ATRAC. ATRAC is simply using the ABS system, it's not complicated. It's clever- another tool in the toolbox.

The 100 series was never, ever competition for the Wrangler. Not even close... If you expect more than a refined 100 series, than you are setting up for disappointment.

I like this guys comment:

The Land Cruiser is a global platform. It is the vehicle of choice for those in remote areas, with no cell phone coverage, no triple A, and where a breakdown can quite literally mean death.

Thus, there will always be a market for LandCruiser. Though it may not be the blingiest vehicle for American suburban commandos, it will be judged as all previous LandCruisers have been: it's ability to get you there and back, wherever there is.

The better question may be: "Is there a market for the Land Cruiser in the United States?" Seeing that they sell every one they import there, and it's cult following in the US (And the FJ Cruiser is not a Land Cruiser), it seems there is.

I for one enjoy the stark, utilitarian look of the vehicle. I'd have it no other way. If I wanted bling, I'd buy an Escalade. But, being that surviving in remote areas of Costa Rica and Guatemala are more important to me, I'll take the Land Cruiser

I like it :flipoff2:

I think I like it too. I saw these pics several days ago and was anxious about the new style being too cool for school, but once I began looking at the pictures I think this will do fine.

As long as it isn't as bouncy/roundy looking as the FJCruiser I will be fine. I think some people forget that LCs are good because of their build quality not there styling. Hopefully the guys in Japan will make sure that form follows function.

The Sequoia LC comparison was a good example of why the LCs won't ever go out of business here or anywhere else. There is always a market for the best.

By the way-
As much as that back end looks a little confused, I really like the front end. I think those lines look super good.

Not suggesting it is new, I am saying it seems like a silly way to cut costs. Heavy vehicles that go off road need more lugs as well as more cow bell.

I dont think it was cost cutting. The 5 lugs are a bigger size than the old 6 lug so there was no weight saving and the force that holds the wheel on is the same.
Toyota australia said it was to stop the fitting of the older wheels with different back spacing and fouling the steering gear at least in the 70 series which also got the 5 lug treatment

I'd say that does look like an iteration of a LandCruiser, but probably one that will never make it to the US market. The LandCruisers I've seen around west africa range from the no-frills NGO-only 80s, to unrecognizable body's on the LandCruiser frame. Love 'em all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom