2008 Toyota Land Cruiser Found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not near as blingy as I was expecting... of course that is the base model that we will never see stateside.. IFS overseas though?

Be better if they would of followed the upper hatch line straight down rather than giving it a bubble butt.

Could it be a Sequoia and not a LC?

It's OK. Kinda looks like the spawn of a Subie Forester mated with a 1998 Montero.

Maybe the Koreans designed it.:flipoff2:

Its kinda ugly... looks like something Nissan might make for its next iteration of the Armada.

The tail lights don't look right, they stick out too far for my taste.
landcruiserspy13.jpg

Some comments were made...
Is there still a market for the 'Cruiser?

The Sequoia is larger, and cheaper.

The 4Runner/FJ Cruiser is smaller and cheaper, but with similar or better offroad abilities.

The RAV4 and Highlander satisfies the grocery-getter niche.

Why does Toyota make SO many SUV's many of which cross into the SAME markets?

Seems alot like a Sequoia crossed with a 4runner. Whats up with the 5 lug deal?

MoJ said:
Be better if they would of followed the upper hatch line straight down rather than giving it a bubble butt.

Could it be a Sequoia and not a LC?

I don't think it is the Sequoia.

First, the Sequoia is a U.S. only item, so why have Euro side markers on front fenders.

Second, Sequoia currently has a single piece tailgate, like the Forerunner. The LC has a clam-type rear hatch.

Lastly, the Sequoia is based on the Tundra and there is already a spy shot of the Sequoia with the new 07 Tundra front on it floating around.

Tigerstripe40 said:
Some comments were made...
Is there still a market for the 'Cruiser?

The Sequoia is larger, and cheaper.

The 4Runner/FJ Cruiser is smaller and cheaper, but with similar or better offroad abilities.

The RAV4 and Highlander satisfies the grocery-getter niche.

Why does Toyota make SO many SUV's many of which cross into the SAME markets?

Toyota's major Land Cruiser market is overseas.

Sequoia is currently a U.S. only item.

Toyota produces products for market segments. Highlander and Forerunner are in the same market, but different segments - offroad versus onroad.

Lexus GS470 and Forerunner are the same truck, different market segments.

94landcruiser said:
Whats up with the 5 lug deal?

The UZJ100s have had 5 lugs since 98. Nothing new.

94landcruiser said:
100's are 5 lug too.

EDIT: The below remarks are regarding the US market.

I think Toyota needs to downsize the cruiser, or lose the full size version and bring the 70's into the US to fill a niche.

I have a feeling the Cruiser is going to continue to flounder in the US as long as the Sequoia is around. It's proabably pretty hard to entice the average large SUV customer to choose a Land Cruiser over a Sequoia as it is.

I would guess that the average person has no idea why the LC costs more than the Sequoia.

stanley said:
uh-oh the saga continues, fj cruiser wheels on the new land cruiser.

Not to mention bulging tail lights. :(

madams557 said:
The UZJ100s have had 5 lugs since 98. Nothing new.

Not suggesting it is new, I am saying it seems like a silly way to cut costs. Heavy vehicles that go off road need more lugs as well as more cow bell.

that's pretty clearly a landcruiser. you can almost read it through the tape on the long skinny and familiar tailgate trim piece they taped over. I guarantee it doesn't say sequoia under there.

apart from being really tall it's not too bad and not too radical a departure. it looks like a bigger version of the newer prado. I was afraid it would be more blingy than that.
landcruiserspy2.jpg

Honestly, I like it. Staying true to their roots of being a truck-based platform and not a bubble-butt cross-over. I'll have to give one a good look-over when they are released here in the states. Oh yea, Toyota if you're reading this...PLEAsE DON'T MAKE ALL THAT LUXURY CRAP STANDARD! How about the rubber-like material with water-proof seats througout the entire vehicle!

Btw, can I say Gulf States sucks!

94landcruiser said:

They've had five-lug ever since the 100 came into being in like 1998? Cruisers worldwide since then have been five-lug.

dieseldog said:
They've had five-lug ever since the 100 came into being in like 1998? Cruisers worldwide since then have been five-lug.

I am saying they should have six lugs, not when it changed, not that was fine in a 100 and is not now just that 6 lugs are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom