2008 Landcruiser with 218k worth $20k? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One owner, has service records. Asking $20k.

I’ve owned an FJ, know very little Toyota stuff other than they are reliable.

I need a vehicle that will run for years if upkept, and I can give my son in 4.

Between this, the Lexus version and Lexus GX 460.

Sounds about right. Have it looked over and if all checks out, go for it. I imagine the radiator has been replaced by this point.

So radiator is a problem? Anything else?
Do you have a for sale link? We may be able to help you a little more with some extra details.

Things I would look for...
-Go to Toyota's maintenance website and put in the vin. It will give you maintenance records for services completed.
-Look at the bottom of the truck and analyze how much it has rusted.
-Has the radiator been changed? Heater tees, water pump, and hoses too?
-Has the starter been replaced?
-Is the KDSS in working order, and do the adjustment bolts look like they are rusted shut?
-Are axle boots leaking?
-Has trans, diff, and brake fluids been changed?
-Does the diff lock, crawl control, and transfer case work properly?
-Brake job completed or any vibration under braking ("warped rotors")?
-U-joints in good shape and been greased recently?
-A/C vent door function as it should?
-Any leaks from the valve covers or any other place?

Last edited:
If you didn’t know radiator is an issue on these you have a lot of research to do here before you should be buying one.

Amazing how these trucks hold their value. I saw a 2008 Range rover sport with 110k miles on it on FB for $8k. Toyota makes a great truck.

One owner, has service records. Asking $20k.

I’ve owned an FJ, know very little Toyota stuff other than they are reliable.

I need a vehicle that will run for years if upkept, and I can give my son in 4.

Between this, the Lexus version and Lexus GX 460.

We bought our cruiser last year with 305,000 miles on it. Besides a few things needing to be addressed which do not impact it's performance, reliability, or resale, it's in great shape. We got it from Waterloo, Iowa. It was $5k-8k less than similar cruisers in the Denver area. So location also matters.

If it’s in great shape it’s a deal hard to pass up.

Keep in mind these rigs are built to run over 1,000,000 miles.... not kilometers, miles.

Last edited:
Seems high. Did you look at the sale price thread? When I was looking at FJ Cruisers about a year about I found a 2010 LX570 for $21k at a Volkswagon dealer that I almost grabbed. It was right at 100K miles and in great shape. Better deals can be had

Seems high. Did you look at the sale price thread? When I was looking at FJ Cruisers about a year about I found a 2010 LX570 for $21k at a Volkswagon dealer that I almost grabbed. It was right at 100K miles and in great shape. Better deals can be had

The market has changed a lot in the last year and prices have gone up materially. The 2016 I bought 2.5 years ago would sell for $5k or more today than what I paid then. I paid $10k for an immaculate 2 owner 1998 100 series in August 2012, and that same truck today would cost the same or more 8 years later. Land Cruisers don’t follow normal depreciation curves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom