For Sale 2006 with 72k miles and extensive maintenance in KC, MO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my beloved 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser (UZJ100). Below you will find a high-level overview.

Overview: I'm the third owner, and bought it with 56k miles over a year-and-a-half ago after a very-time consuming, months-long search. Daily, I would scour cars.com, autotrader.com, ebaymotors, craigslist and more, for '06/'07 models. One day, my morning search returned this low-mile example at Bridgewater Lexus. First, I fell out my chair. Then, excited, I jumped on the horn as soon as I could. To my dismay, a deposit had already been left, even though it had just been listed. Defeated, and faced with an impatient wife, I dialed back my search efforts by 50% (10% if you ask my wife). A couple of other examples came and went until, one day, my office phone rang. The Bridgewater Lexus saleswoman I spoke with who told me a deposit had already been left on the vehicle called to explain that the original buyer's financing fell through. I snagged it and, after a few hiccups, it became everything I was looking for in a 100 series Land Cruiser.

I had it shipped to my home and greeted it with the enthusiasm of a 7-year-old being presented with a drone gift. It looked good, sounded good and drove well. After a few drives, I was in love. However, within 12 hours, doom struck. To make a long story short, the 2 front height control sensors had failed, resulting in the front end on its bump stops the morning after I took delivery. After two height control sensors were replaced at my local Lexus dealership, all was well.

My first order of business was to declutter the exterior and bring it up to my standards: I removed the running boards (which are in excellent condition and come with the car), door edge AND fender edge (yes, you read that right) guards, as well as the hood deflector and pinstripes. While the door edge/fender guards helped keep those areas pristine, I just wanted to look at the clean lines of the 100 series. And after removing the running boards, I ordered and installed the OEM front mud flap kit, which is very robust.

The Carfax showed one accident to the right-front of the vehicle, and I bought it with this damage (I have pictures if you'd like to see it). The front-right corner of the front bumper had cracked paint, and it had pushed up into the bottom of the front-right fender, chipping the paint. I bought a new OEM front bumper, took it to my local Lexus body shop that I LOVE, and had them paint/install the new bumper cover and completely refinish the entire front-right fender. As a former detailer, I couldn't be happier with the job. It matches the OEM finish EXTREMELY well. Last but not least, there were some dings/dents on the tailgate that I had removed using PDR.

Next, I ordered a full set of WeatherTech floor mats, a must-have for any vehicle I own. The floor mats are in great condition; the carpets are nice, but have some light stains in a few places. I planned to treat the stains and then pull what I could using a Thermax carpet extractor. Please understand: I'm very picky and am making this sound worse than it is.

The other thing I tackled is the OEM interior lighting, which leaves much to be desired. I ordered the full, much-touted PFRAN LED kit; however, I only used the mid and rear row LED panels. The remainder of the interior lights have been replaced with high-end LED bulbs from superbrightled.com. The light from all bulbs is white - not blue - and is a nice upgrade that helps modernize the interior. I also replaced the reverse lights and license plate bulb lights with superbrightled.com LED bulbs.

Read on for the maintenance history I have. You'll see that I've put a lot of time and money into making this 100 series ready to roll, as I planned to keep it for a loooooong time, just like my 80 series I've had for years. Two things bit me, causing me to list it for sale - the irrationality of owning 2 Land Cruisers, and the out-of-left-field desire for something sporty(er).

The cons that I would point out for this vehicle are below. Please understand that most people don't mention this stuff, and just lump it in with all that comes with an 11-year-old car. I have too much respect for the Land Cruiser mark, and it's buyers, to not disclose this info.

Cons:
- Small dent in drivers door (see pics)
- I mentioned removing the pinstripes. After doing so, some faint "stains" appear on the rear quarter panels. I planned to re-pinstripe it, but wanted to leave it up to the new owners. Again, it's barely noticeable. If you want pictures, just let me know.
- Aforementioned carpet stains (again, they're not bad...)
- Light scrape/scratch on right-rear bumper corner
- The wheels have stains from the detail job at the Lexus dealer I bought it from. Cleaner that's too strong for the OEM hypersilver finish was allowed to dry, resulting in wheel stains. I was going to have the wheels stripped to bare metal and refinished to OEM standards, but decided to leave it up to the new owner, as the stains aren't that bad, really. Again, I'm picky.
- There are slight paint drips on the rear hatch that I cannot explain. My Lexus body shop has confirmed that the paint on the hatch is original. I just can't explain it. Nevertheless, it's inoffensive.

Pros:
- Major maintenance very recently completed (t-belt/water pump, etc.)
- Fully-loaded, including OEM DVD player with remote and headphones
- I'm an enthusiast and approached maintenance accordingly
- Never been offroad (that's what the 80 series is for)
- Maintenance is tip-top.
- Overall, the car is very clean, inside and out, and underneath.
- Speaking of underneath, it's NOT RUSTY. To keep it that way, I've sprayed Fluid Film wherever I could.
- The rear seats are in my climate-controlled basement and are pristine.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but will let you get on to the maintenance/ownership history. Enjoy...

Owner 1 (personal owner (non-lease))
*All work performed at Route 22 Toyota
- Unknown miles: First oil change on 9/21/06 (miles unknown)
- 7,451 miles: Oil/filter changed on 1/12/07
- 10,222 miles: Oil/filter changed on 4/18/07
- 14,667 miles: Oil/filter changed on 8/28/07
- 18,374 miles: Oil/filter changed on 12/11/07
- 23,792 miles: Oil/filter changed on 5/29/08
- 28,998 miles: Oil/filter changed on 10/4/08
- 33,758 miles: Oil/filter changed, new front pads, resurface all rotors on 3/24/09
- 38,734 miles: Oil/filter changed on 8/3/09
- 43,xxx miles: Traded in and offered for sale as a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle on 2/17/10 (assume that, at a minimum, oil/filter changed)

Owner 2 (personal (non-lease)
*Less info available
*All work done at Crystal Toyota
- Unknown miles: Involved in an accident; right-front bumper damaged (I have pictures) on 2/11/12
- 48,264 miles: Removed door panel and re-torqued window regulator bolts. Evacuated A/C system and recharged on 7/12/12
- 48,481 miles: Catalytic converter replaced on 7/18/12
- 56,296 miles: Traded in at Lexus of Bridgewater, who completed:
- Repacked wheel bearings
- Replaced CV boots
- Oil/filter changed
- New front brake pads
- New wiper blades

Owner 3 - Me
- 56,xxx miles: I bought it on 7/20/15
- 56,643 miles: Both front Active Height Control (ACH) sensors replaced at Hendrick Lexus Kansas City on 8/11/15
- 59,151 miles: New 275/70/R18 BF Goodrich TA KO2s (33.4") installed at Discount Tire
- Unknown miles (can't remember): To address accident on Carfax -- New OEM front bumper finished and installed. Passenger side front fender taken to bare metal and refinished at Hendrick Lexus Kansas City on 10/12/15
- 60,467 miles: Oil/filter changed, transmission fluid flushed, coolant flushed on 12/10/15
- 62,297 miles: Transfer case fluid changed with Mobil 1 synthetic by me on 2/13/16. The old fluid looked very clean.
- 65,400 miles: Oil/filter changed by me on 5/22/16 using Mobile 1 synthetic.
- 65,421 miles: Power steering fluid flushed, 4-wheel alignment, transmission fluid flushed again and tire rotation at Jay Wolfe Toyota on 5/14/16
- 67,812 miles: Flushed the Active Height Control (AHC) system with 2 cans of Toyota OEM fluid on 9/25/16. DEALERS DO NOT DO THIS, even though the maintenance schedule requires it.
- 68,858 miles: Drained/refilled front and rear differentials with Mobil 1 synthetic on 10/23/16
- 70,600 miles: Oil/filter changed and air filter changed by me on 12/26/16
- 72,014 miles: Tires rotated and cone-balanced at Discount Tire on 2/25/17, 14/32nds of remaining tread observed (tires come with 15/32nds)
- 72,027 miles: Timing belt, water pump, drive belt, idler pulley, tensioner at Exact Performance on 3/10/17

If you have any questions at all, please let me know. For the quickest response, PM, text or email. For a phone conversation, please email or text to schedule a time to chat. I own this vehicle outright and am in no rush to sell.

Mud Price: $28,250

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser - Very low miles, well-maintained

For the quickest communication, first text, then email, then PM and then call. I want this to go to a mud member.

Matt

Last edited:
Pics of the undercarriage...

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8853.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

More pics of the undercarriage...

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_8858.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG