2006 Tundra SR5 Double Cab New Member saying HELLO! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just joined the site and I look forward to the help and information I'm sure I'll find. I'm currently doing my due diligence on what OBD2 cable I should purchase for the Techstream software. I'm not looking to spend a boat load of money for it, but I am willing to avoid buying twice.
A little background about myself: I'm 64 and currently retired. I work on my Tundra and also have a 2006 Camry. In general, I don't consider any repair outside my realm unless the tools and equipment needed exceed my budget for a possible one-time use. This year I'm planning to remove the Tundra bed in order to repair frame rust. I don't weld so my intention is to minimize labor cost before taking the truck to a shop.
Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions. This is going to be fun.

Mr. Matt

Welcome to ‘Mud Matt. You can find an affordable mig welder and learn how to weld if you have time. It could end up costing way less than a shop would charge, Being retired, you likely have the time to do it. Obviously if when you take the bed of and start to clean up the loose rust you find major structural issues, it might be better to get a shop involved, but if it’s not holed in the main C channel, you can diy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom