Builds 2006 TRAIL TAILOR GX470 BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in.gif

Would it be possible to have the tire carrier offset 6-12" to passenger side. Center mounted only makes is the same as the other two available option already. The plate to mount to the door can stay centered, just move the tire hanger to the passenger side.

Once I get the center section made, installed and the lower door support in I will see what I think. If defections are good once shifted, I will only make to the hinge side (passenger) to keep weight closer to the hinges. This will keep wear to a minimum in comparison to the opposite side. I prefer the tire behind the driver, so NOT for me.

J

Thanks! To say I’m stoked would be an understatement. Will have to come visit you guys soon....
Once I get the center section made, installed and the lower door support in I will see what I think. If defections are good once shifted, I will only make to the hinge side (passenger) to keep weight closer to the hinges. This will keep wear to a minimum in comparison to the opposite side. I prefer the tire behind the driver, so NOT for me.

J

Would love to have an offset/passenger side mount for the gx. Nothing wrong with the center mount but i simply think it looks better offset.

ohhhhhhh! how am i missing this? i was going to purchase the JW tire carrier during black friday but would love to see other options. i know JW are not able to offset it to the passenger side. I have spoken to them and to a reputation shop that installed their carrier.

Can't wait to see the SAS kit.

Can't wait to see the SAS kit.

This build has changed. We just bought another 470 that will get the SAS kit. The body is a little rougher and we plan to use it for that route.

This one will eventually get a SAS but for now a 2.5" Tough Dog 9 stage adjustable suspension will be going in.

Passed smog with flying colors and officially registered here in CALABAMA. Now this build can begin.

Jason

IMG_20201027_095748129_HDR.jpg

Ohhh those links look great. They also look like they would work on a FJC 😍

Started on the hybrid Dissent @benc rear bumper today. NO THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE FROM ME. Ben and I have an agreement and this is for my personal build. But it keeps the Dissent lines and I will push all interested parties to him.

I made changes for my needs. This is NOT the Dissent offering.

I should be finished with it this weekend.

J

IMG_20201106_125245972.jpg
IMG_20201106_124852834.jpg
IMG_20201106_124824973.jpg
IMG_20201106_125254673.jpg
IMG_20201106_124844503_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom