For Sale 2006 LX470 - Texas Truck - No Rust - Great Condition - 172500mi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

00C0C_c9AhQ6Lsjfy_1200x900.jpg

01616_jeh7VjUoNvl_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_5r0I7P0z1fN_1200x900.jpg

Here's the rundown on this car;

I purchased it from my boss (our president) last April after drooling over it for 7 years. He owned it from 2011 and 84000 miles to April 2018 and 145000 miles. He purchased it from the owner of the Lexus dealership in Bernie, as it was the owner's personal car (a friend of his set the two of them up). Previous owner gave me his full stack of service records for all oil changes and alignments. Timing belt was done just after 90k miles, and the heater tee broke at that time (what actually brought him to mechanic). His wife back up the car with door open and bent the door hinges slightly. I purchased the car with the dent/bend/

I enjoy doing maintenance and working on cars / boats, so this has been a real hobby for me - especially the lack of rust on the underside of the car.

From when I purchased it, I have had the brakes turned, new brake pads, all wheel bearings repacked (drive front was replaced with OEM - Timken) and door fixed.

I then flushed the AHC system (felt it was due for a flushing, but the old fluid was good and brown, not milky - was happy about that), and the accumulators seem to be in great shape (going from low to high is smooth and responsive).

I changed the oil program to run the extended Mobil 1 (M1-209) oil filter and Mobil 1 Extended performance oil. This has pushed oil change intervals to 7500 miles (and I check the oil regularly for discoloration, etc.).

Belt tensioner pulley (bearing specifically) began going out on me at 169,000 miles - I replaced with OEM tensioner pulley and belt before it went out completely. Problem was identified as worn bearing in tensioner pulley. Tensioner spring is still in good shape, so no need to replace anytime soon.

Electrically and mechanically everything is sound on this truck and ready to go for a long time. That being said, it is a 2006 with 172,500 miles and there are a couple of minor things I'd like to point out up front.

• Small tear in drivers seat (left side bottom) - small enough to be repaired by leather repair kit
• Front driver and passenger seat leather could use reconditioning
• Subwoofer needs to be re-foamed (kit is $25 and BestBuy car services here off 290 and Tidwell will re-foam the sub for $60 - just haven't done it)
• Windshield washer - hose tee for line to passenger jet broke and replacement part I ordered had oversized clip for hood receptacle. I have the washer line, but need to get the new hose tee ($7 from Toyota parts). Currently isolated to driver jet until I order the replacement tee. 5 min job.
• TPMS sensor out in one of the wheels - haven't taken to discount tire to identify which and replace, but that's $60/sensor. Car still has original TPMS sensors.
• Hood lift actuators - drivers side is going out, hood will close if on downhill or level surface after a minute or two unless blocked. $45 part.

That's it! It's a great car that I don't want to sell, but given I'm on track to put 40,000+ miles on her in the first year it makes sense for me to sell this and move on to something more fuel efficient.

Asking $16,500 - or make me an offer! (No low ballers, have this for sale locally and is generating attention, but wanted to put on IH8MUD due to the amazing technical support provided by this community)

More pics on CL ad: 2006 LX470 - Rust Free - Never Offroaded - 172500mi - Full Maintenance

Last edited:
Had some local buyer's asking about more info - so I figured I'd post the reply up here for you guys to see as well;

"
As for the door - when I purchased the car from the previous owner, his wife had backed up with the front passenger door open and clipped the garage support at their house, bending the door supports and door frame slightly (also creating a little bend in the front right quarter panel. I took the car to Weaver Auto Services, who's body guy replaced the door hinges, straightened the door frame, fixed the FR quarter panel and replaced the interior door stopper (arm that door travels on). All in it was $1,000 to fix the door and I'm very satisfied with the work.

As for pin striping missing - It's gone from the entire driver side of car, and is slowly going away on the passenger side. I've noticed that car washes with brushes have taken the pin striping off, as will a power washer. I believe this is due to age, as the car was meticulously maintained by both previous owners, and waxed regularly. There have been no other accidents or body / paint work performed on this care other than the door.

Comestically the car is pretty great - a couple of minor door dings, some paint beginning to fade on mirrors and rear roof spoiler. There is one scratch on the rear bumper that I have not been able to buff out from a trailer, but is minor and I would say this is probably the worst scratch on the car. Only other thing is the minor tear in driver's seat which is repairable with a kit.

Timing belt was replaced at 95k miles with was around August of 2014. Mechanic has verified next timing belt interval should be at 250k miles.

I flushed AHC at 155k miles, and still have the old fluid if you would like to see that - no milky color to it all, supporting the working state of the diaphragms in the accumulators for AHC. I get a full 10 graduations when cycling from low to high.

Other maintenance I have performed was headlight restoration, replacement of tensioner pulley and serpentine belt, replacement of air filter, consistent oil changes and upgrade to Mobil 1 Extended Performance M1-209 oil filter (oversized for texas heat - keeps temps slightly cooler) and EP 5W-30 oil. New fuel filler cap. Brake rotors turned and new brake pads (at 145k miles). Full fluid flush and underbody greasing (prev maintenance, but taken a little overkill). All wheel bearings re-packed, front passenger replaced with OEM Timken bearings (started to get a little bearing noise as it went out). New windshield wipers and new WW fluid hosing. Finally replaced a couple of lights that had finally burned out.

What's nice is this car's bluetooth phone connection and satellite radio work! I was super skeptical about going with an LX470 because of the integrated nav / controls - but I have had no problem listening to satellite and taking / making phone calls. Pretty impressive for a 2006. Has back up camera and rear seat entertainment system with both headsets and remotes (all working).

I have the master key, normal key, back up key and both FOBS. Back up normal key was accidentally broken by previous owner, but I do have the fob and key (they're just separated).

I love this car, and I weren't racking up around 40k miles annually I'd be keeping it. However - I just don't want to be abusing this car with that amount of driving, and am looking to get into something newer that I can get better MPG with. "

Good god. What a cream puff. This is the best deal on a 470 in a long time. I bought the same truck w 260k miles for the same price in 2016. Glws p

Very nice vehicle but your mechanic is incorrect. The timing belt interval is every 90K miles. Check the owners manual. I may be in the market and live in San Antonio. I'll let you know if I'm interested.

@BrettinSAT well wouldn't you know... I called my mechanic yesterday and referred him to the IH8MUD forums' FAQ on Timing Belt replacement. He acknowledged the 90k mile interval, but said it was really for the first change and typically corresponded with breaking of heater tee hoses. He then said he's seen the second TB interval pushed far, but further acknowledged what's at risk if that sucker were to break.

Don't know why I went with his word over the knowledge of this forum. Because of this - reducing to $15,000 firm on IHM to cover TB replacement costs and seat repair. CL is reducing to $15,750 and same with autotrader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom