SOLD 2006 LX470 some mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2006 LX470
155,000 miles (still driving it)
VIN: JTJHT00W664007452
$21,000
Located near DFW, Texas

We searched for this car for over a year. I specifically wanted silver paint, grey leather and dealer service history. My cousin is the general manager of a big Lexus dealer in Fort Worth, and he called me with this one. The interior is as clean as I’ve ever seen in one of these. The paint is in great condition. There are some door dings on the passenger rear quarter panel. Looks like they parked next to the same person at work and it happened repeatedly. To me, it’s not so bad that it needs to be fixed, but it is note worthy. There are pages and pages of dealer service records available through the Lexus owners website. Feel free to check that out. The previous owner did all the recommended service at the dealer. The only one they skipped was the 90K service. I had that done at the dealer right after I bought the car, so you are looking at a vehicle with a brand new timing belt and water pump, as well as idler assembly and crank seal. We run Mobile1 synthetic oil, and all service is up to date.

I recently bled the AHC system and it has all new fluid. I did not adjust the sensors, but it is a simple process if you desire a taller ride height. Everything on the system appears to function as intended.

I added 5 FN Weels and Mastercraft CXT tires (285/70/17). I also added the Dessent Offroad bumpers front and rear. The rear has the drivers side spare tire swing out. I had these custom painted at an auto paint shop to match the wheels. These things are beautiful. I have over $4,000 in the bumpers alone.

I was doing all of this with the intention of keeping it for a while, but plans have changed. This is my wife’s daily driver and she doesn’t like the tire on the back or the aggressive look of the front bumper. I should have known better, but my mistake can become your gain

A22CB6F7-6108-4D75-BF0E-3270E9111C9A.jpeg

E7B1B9D6-EBC0-4431-8FD4-B5C02DB0DE72.jpeg

877479FD-B4FA-41E9-A2E9-B598AA9B24A7.jpeg

C000DB80-36CE-4A51-8802-C6CA4ADAE725.jpeg

1A5DB057-493D-4D0B-B465-24AAFE13A8AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Does it have the 3rd row seats? Have you done anything to the AHC, noticed your threads about AHC software.

Does it have the 3rd row seats? Have you done anything to the AHC, noticed your threads about AHC software.

It does have the third row seats. I went with the advice of the members in those threads. We flushed the AHC system and kept it. It all seems to work properly, and lifting the vehicle would be as easy as adjusting the sensors. I didn’t do the adjustment because my wife didn’t want it any higher.

Nice truck Martin! Hope you and the family are doing well. Been thinking about getting rid of my wifes GX470, maybe I could get her into this. :D GLWS!!

-Daniel

Responded to PMs and showed the vehicle over the weekend, but I’ve still got it.

I’d like to get this truck a new home. I have responded to messages, but no cash yet!

Are the bumpers permanently married to the truck? I'm interested and local but definitely don't want another daily with a swingout rear bumper..

You can easily remove the swing out portion of the rear bumper. It’s 1 big bolt.

If you haven't sold this, can you speak to how you like the Mastercraft tires and how well they are holding up since you put them on?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom