2004 LX470 Attempted Replacement on ML Amp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys. I'm a long time lurker and would like to thank the community for all the useful advice. Since this is my first post I apologize for any forum faux-paus I am about to commit. I have an 04 LX470 whose ML amplifier gave out on me. I am interested in changing out the stock ML amp into an aftermarket alpine PDX-5 that I purchased. My issue has been that when I remove the ML amp, the head unit is no longer able change the volume level or change balance or fade. I haven't been able to complete the aftermarket amplifier installation because of my inability to locate the audio signal from the old ML harness. I have taken the truck to several car audio places in norther DFW and they keep telling me my only option is the replace the stock amp with another one because it has a data bus signal? I find that hard to believe since I have seen a number of threads. My questions are
1) Has anyone installed an aftermarket amplifier in this truck
2) Is it possible to get the signal from the ML amp harness underneath the passenger seat.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this helps but in my case my audio guy helped me change my head unit on my 2003 100 to the new pioneer touch screen with matching panels so it looks flush. Also we bypassed the stock amp with an after market one and put new lines going to the head unit and speakers. The wiring of the old head unit was tapped and used for the new head unit and amp. They used a volt meter to check which wire does what and they seemed to have a diagram on the sockets. Hope this helps.

IMG_6965.JPG

you need the paper wiring book. It does have data lines, that are (guessing) blue and pink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom