Sounds good.So - I think I've tracked down the connectors I'll need to make a easy harness to interface a new aftermarket amp to the stock speaker harnesses - in a LX, the speaker connections get split across three different connectors! Annoying, haha. I assume the LCs might be a little different, so I'll have to repeat the exercise for those.
I'm also trying to become a SoundStream dealer so that I could offer the 5-channel Picasso Nano amp as a bundle option. It's relatively inexpensive & I think would work well for a lot of folks. Obviously, some people will want a fancier amp - that's totally cool too, that's why the amp will be an optional part of the bundle!
I'm thinking at the moment, the bundle would look like:
- New amp (optional)
- Amp-to-speaker harness (optional - someone super serious who's replacing speakers too might want to run new speaker wiring entirely)
- Amp power wiring harness
- Amp mounting plate
- Head unit brackets (tie a new head unit/bezel into the steel cage that everything mounts to)
- Head unit to amp RCA cables
- New backup camera
- New backup camera mount.
- Heater duct extenders to redirect the rear heaters from blasting the amp area to actually pointed at the rear occupant's feet (these already exist here)
Most of that work is done - just need to continue integrating mounting points for various amps onto the plate so that people have easy options & confirm the harness connectors I ordered will fit the stock harness.
It's coming together!
Planning to re-use an Audison 10inch sub and some old JBLs I have in storage (Only because all factory speakers have died)
Picked up a NOS Alpine S2-A55v which was on offer on eBay to connect everything.
But having a plug and play (or close to it) option would be handy….got far too many projects on the go and none are getting closer to being finished.