2001 LC non-Nav. Looking at Crux BTS-TY1 Bluetooth Interface (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning, looking at getting the Crux BTS-TY1 Bluetooth from crutchfield. I have a non nav car. I just ordered replacement speakers, but Im not ready to pull the trigger on a full headunit & amp upgrade just yet. We just got the LC a couple weeks ago and did the Tbelt and some other PM this past week. Any experience with these? The couple of reviews the people said they were happy with it. I am also wondering where people put it? Quickly looking it would be great if it was where the ashtray is located, or inside the center console.

i have the USA spec one. bt45 i believe. they're all basically the same, and yes, they're worlds better than a tape adapter, and being able to control your music and see what's playing is something i can't live without. i put mine behind the vent on the left side of the radio.

i have the USA spec one. bt45 i believe. they're all basically the same, and yes, they're worlds better than a tape adapter, and being able to control your music and see what's playing is something i can't live without. i put mine behind the vent on the left side of the radio.
Thanks, where does the plug come out of? The vent?

What plug? if you're asking about the AUX, then i don't use it. I connect through BT exclusively.

I'm interested in this. Whats the install like?

What plug? if you're asking about the AUX, then i don't use it. I connect through BT exclusively.
The one i looked at has a 3.5mm, USB, and BT. Id like the option of plugging into the USB to play and keep my phone charged for longer drives. I may have to just order it and start test fitting. The ashtray area to me, makes the most sense initially. Since we wouldnt use it for anything else.

You can route a usb cable to the ashtray quite easily. Although I do not own the adapter you are referencing, I ran the usb and hdmi cables from my aftermarket head unit to the ashtray. You could also run cables to the center console if desired. Plan ahead and if you need to make a cut, make sure it will work for future upgrades as well.

Well I ordered it off of Amazon. Hopefully this works well.

Well I ordered it off of Amazon. Hopefully this works well.
I also ordered it, goin to try and tackle the speaker swap and adding this Bluetooth later this week or next.

Crap. I just received the crux adapter and it states on the box that the head unit must have external cd changer capability. I guess I missed that when ordering. My cruiser just has the internal cd and tape player. I'm gonna pull it and see what I've got, unless someone can give me a definite yes or no on the ports available in the back of my stereo.

Crap. I just received the crux adapter and it states on the box that the head unit must have external cd changer capability. I guess I missed that when ordering. My cruiser just has the internal cd and tape player. I'm gonna pull it and see what I've got, unless someone can give me a definite yes or no on the ports available in the back of my stereo.
I am sitting at my desk at work with the adaptor, an interior trim removal tool and about to go find out if im in the same boat. My car also has the in dash changer. The picture on the paperwork shows what appears to be the same radio i have. ill update when i remove the radio.

@enfield It fits, works, and was SUPER EASY!!!!! Already back and done. I also went on a test drive with a customer inbetween.
--I bought a second ashtray off ebay this morning, im going to notch it out to fit this inside it and have the plugs exposed. I used some velcro tape for now.

image1 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks man! Glad for both of our sakes that it fits. Any special tools to access the back of the radio?

@enfield I just used an interior trim piece tool i grabbed from a tech at work to pop the dash trim piece off, used a hanger to help fish the cable from the ashtray area up to the radio area. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was.

Does it work on a rig with nav?

The previous owner of mine has an aux in the glovebox that routes to a clean install at the bottom of the console, but I'd rather use Bluetooth am or USB than 3.5mm

Edit: so yeah, it appears to. Called the bt45-toy on Amazon, it's $143, which seems like a very fair price.
It appears to come with a microphone from Amazon, can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:
Does it work on a rig with nav?

The previous owner of mine has an aux in the glovebox that routes to a clean install at the bottom of the console, but I'd rather use Bluetooth am or USB than 3.5mm

Edit: so yeah, it appears to. Called the bt45-toy on Amazon, it's $143, which seems like a very fair price.
It appears to come with a microphone from Amazon, can anyone confirm that?

Yes, mine came with a microphone. I use it for my phone calls.

10-15min install, works great. I wish I had known about this when I first bought the cruiser. I've been running the cassette tape with aux cord, lol.

So it worked without the remote CD changer controls?

So it worked without the remote CD changer controls?

Correct.

You just hit the cd button on the deck and it connects to the crux module.

Eta: it connects to my phone with much less drama than my new vehicles with factory Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom