2000 LC Deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I have an opportunity to buy a 2000 LC with 210k miles for $7700. Is this a good deal? Its a 2 owner with both owners knowing each other as they are both doctors with no kids. Back seats have never been used. Garage kept and never really been off road. All service records with Toyota and all maintenance has been kept up with, including Timing belt/ Water Pump at 200k miles. No rust, always in Texas. Great shape for a 2000.

Sounds more than fair!

17800216_10154481219285382_2555928057592982955_n.jpg

Seems like a good deal, did they spray paint the body side moulding and rims black? Also check underneath the truck for any rust.

That's about what I paid for mine (A little less). You're still probably going to spend some additional $$ when you get it, just to baseline the truck. Mine also is a southern truck (FL/GA) with no rust, seems like the ideal region to get one of these as salt seems to eat LCs.

That's about what I paid for mine (A little less). You're still probably going to spend some additional $$ when you get it, just to baseline the truck. Mine also is a southern truck (FL/GA) with no rust, seems like the ideal region to get one of these as salt seems to eat LCs.
Go for it. I'm going at 274,000 and loving my cruiser more. You will need to do some things to it though. It's worth it.

What items would I need to do first? Other then the fun stuff -bumpers, radio etc.
Basic baseline maintenance. The type of stuff most vehicles owners start to ignore after 150k miles.

I picked my [first] Cruiser up 16 months ago at 246k. I immediately did some work, because it needed some love and am now at 274k. You can fine more info in my build thread linked in my signature.
- Replaced heater T's
- New Steering Rack
- New Fluids
- New swaybar bushings
- Front Wheel Bearing service
- New hub flanges
- CV Boot clamps (pfran)
- New Fan Bracket/Tensioner/Serpentine Belt
- New shocks

Basic baseline maintenance. The type of stuff most vehicles owners start to ignore after 150k miles.

I picked my [first] Cruiser up 16 months ago at 246k. I immediately did some work, because it needed some love and am now at 274k. You can fine more info in my build thread linked in my signature.
- Replaced heater T's
- New Steering Rack
- New Fluids
- New swaybar bushings
- Front Wheel Bearing service
- New hub flanges
- CV Boot clamps (pfran)
- New Fan Bracket/Tensioner/Serpentine Belt
- New shocks
Thanks for the info, Ill look over what needs to be done with mine next. What shocks did you go with? Did you do a lift?

Thanks for the info, Ill look over what needs to be done with mine next. What shocks did you go with? Did you do a lift?
No lift at the moment and I went with OEM Toyota replacement shocks. Might go with a spacer lift in the rear and twist the tbars a bit more in the future, but it's not really necessary for my use of the Cruiser. Currently I just pay close attention to tire placement when in the backcountry and I haven't had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom