For Sale 2000 LC 100-series - Northern Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
First post! Please let me know if I need to edit anything/move to a different part of the forum!

253K miles with a number of pros and cons. It will need some amount of work, but it has great bones (it's a Land Cruiser!). I haven't driven it in more than a year, other than a mile or so here and there to see if it still runs. It's a well-loved vehicle that we bought new in 1999, and I would love for someone else to continue driving it. The sentimental value of keeping it in the driveway no longer outweighs the practical value of selling it.

Pros:
- Outside of maintenance, only modification is the addition of a Sirius XM antenna/hookup
- Maintenance within the last ~10K miles (I have the receipts for all of this work):
-- New ignition coils and spark plugs (all 8 plugs and coils at once)
-- New timing belt and water pump
-- New power steering hoses (return hose and suction hose)
-- New front shocks
-- New front brake pads and rotors
-- New front CV boot axle clamp
-- New rear emergency brake kit
- Regular oil changes every ~5-10K miles, but I didn't keep the service receipts

Cons:
- Vehicle has been sitting in the driveway for over a year. Jumped it today and the engine ran smoothly, but there is a rubbing/scraping noise coming from the rear, as if something is stuck in a wheel (can't see anything stuck or feel any resistance when driving, just hear the noise).
- Turned it off after jumping it and then didn't start it again. Might not have let it charge long enough, might be a bad battery, might be something else. I'm not savvy enough to tell
- Some cosmetic damage (roof rack paint is chipped, a couple of scratches, one or two carpet floor mats are torn). Leather seats seem to be in good shape though
- Underside shows some rust. Northern VA gets snow in the winter and rain in the summer. I don't know how to judge the rust, but all the mechanics I've taken it to over the years have said it's in good shape structurally
- Multi-disc CD player doesn't work
- Plastic key fob is broken. I still have it, but it's attached to the key with a key chain

Price: asking $7000, but willing to negotiate.

Not looking to stiff anyone or get stiffed, just want to sell it at a fair price. I'll post more pictures below. I'm happy to provide more info/pictures as best I can. Land Cruiser Heaven in MD ballparked it at $9K on just pictures and description, but I know it will need some TLC from a new owner.

20210123_162319 (1280x640).jpg

20210123_162308 (2) (1280x640).jpg

Being a married man, perhaps kids or kids in the future- why not fix it up and make it the adventure vehicle? Car camp or get a roof tent.

Being a married man, perhaps kids or kids in the future- why not fix it up and make it the adventure vehicle? Car camp or get a roof tent.
Honestly it just doesn't make sense to own a Land Cruiser at this point in my life, so I'd rather see someone else put some good miles on it than continue to let it sit there

@MacAttack7 - Good looking rig and local too.:hmm: Do you know if it will pass the VA inspections? (safety + emmissions)
Emissions has never been an issue. The last time I had it in for a safety inspection was October 2019, and it passed then. I've barely driven it since then. That said, considering how long it's been sitting, I wouldn't be surprised if it needs some kind of work to pass again. If it does need work, I'm happy to factor that into a price negotiation.

I'd love to have the seats and steering wheel.

Good luck with sale seems like a safe buy for someone

**UPDATE: PRICE DROP**
Lowering the asking price to $6500.

Since I wrote this post, the truck appears to have developed a leak in the brake line. I know because we started it up, added brake fluid, and then watched brake fluid drip out. I haven't taken it to a mechanic (last safety sticker was from 2019, so I'm not driving it any distance), but after some research and an exchange with a specialty shop, I'm estimating the repair at ~$500, hence the price drop to $6500. On the plus side, the XM hardware still works!

I found this issue that needs attention and it wasn't in the original post, so I wanted to address it. I want to be fair and transparent with this sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom