200 series picture thread (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2368528View attachment 2368530

I'm Jeff, I'm an addict... "Welcome Jeff":flipoff2:

Was literally looking at a 1997 80 series that I found on Facebook Marketplace in Birmingham Alabama 4 states away. Found that 80 series on Craigslist and was stalking it, then this popped up on that Craigslist. Called dealership, and he sent me photos of the full Icon suspension, and put my deposit down immediately....

Did I sleep on it? Nope... Did I ask permission? Nope...

No regrats.

Easier to ask for forgiveness anyways! :clap:

tdrrZZ9.jpg

One of the highest points that you can drive to in WA. As you can see the view was amazing.

4U25Tyk.jpg

Adding on with a pic of highest road in Oregon. Steens Mountain loop. Getting in a few high altitude pics before we get the LCDC crowd posting the "Don't trust anyone under 10,000 ft" pics. (Which we unfortunately will not be at.) Just completed our 2 week trip. As always the LC is not disappoint on the 3K journey. We towed our trailer from Seattle to John Day Fossil beds, Steens Mountains, Alvord Desert, Great Basin NP, Tahoe, Crater Lake NP, and back.

IMG_5141.JPG

Alvord Desert.

IMG_5233.JPG

I copied @grinchy and bought the inexpensive Kalamera 25L fridge which I ran the full two weeks. It was powered by the rear inverter, connected to a Rockpals 300W power station. I also strapped an old 25W solar panel to the roof rack as an additional input. (it did not make much of a difference.). Getting more comfortable with hooking up all the electronics - fuses, right gauge of wire, no exposed wire, etc. I installed rock lights and I am running power to the roof rack next. Just don't what to end up like this: (camp ground rumor is the person was charging an electronic device.... The van had a solar panel on the roof. Luckly everyone was okay. A NP fire crew was camping in the same Crater Lake campground and was there to respond before it became a forest fire. We were camped two loops away. ) My family now knows where all 5 fire extingishers are located on the truck and camper.

IMG_5426.JPG

@mcgaskins

new LC looks rad - random question: what tire/wheel/lift combo did you go with?

i'm coming from 5th gen 4runner that has been a great truck in the mtns and now want to apply the same treatment to the 200 and dig your stance.

Last edited:
Exploring southern Colorado

View attachment 2372355

Looking good! As one that has had the benefit of retrospection and iteration in building a 200-series, I'm keen to see how you're building the rig this time around. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts as well.

@mcgaskins

new LC looks rad - random question: what tire/wheel/lift combo did you go with?

i'm coming from 5th gen 4runner that has been a great truck in the mtns and now want to apply the same treatment to the 200 and dig your stance.

Looking good! As one that has had the benefit of retrospection and iteration in building a 200-series, I'm keen to see how you're building the rig this time around. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts as well.

Thanks! I will definitely do a build thread very soon with the whys of everything, but the specs are the standard OME suspension 2702/2722, SPC UCAs, Icon wheels with 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers, Slee sliders, Rhino 4x4 front bumper, Warn 12k winch.

8DAED024-D203-4694-87C9-C7C9CB4E8921.jpeg
A28810AC-C1DE-4AE5-AC4E-9332E02768B2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom