200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well im out in Montana so that wouldnt be to far at all. It would be great if i could get his info. Im going for the exact same look you are. with the sliders and front bumper. Relatively simple and clean. btw...did you have to get any suspension mods to compensate for the added weight of the sliders and front bumper? Thanks for your help.

His name is Kyle, usenrame is corleykj and was very easy to work with. Sliders did fine with the new OEM shocks I had along with a 30mm spacer in back and cranked torsion bars up front. Once I put the bumper on I noticed it seemed strained in front so switched to Ironman foam cell shocks all around and it settled down and am pretty happy. Only thing I want to switch out is to put OME 865's out back as when we really load it up for camping with the hitch box the back goes down a little more than I like.

@OG 91 LC - those look great! Did you have any problems clearing the front hub with the 200 wheels?

No problems clearing the front hub with these wheels.

His name is Kyle, usenrame is corleykj and was very easy to work with. Sliders did fine with the new OEM shocks I had along with a 30mm spacer in back and cranked torsion bars up front. Once I put the bumper on I noticed it seemed strained in front so switched to Ironman foam cell shocks all around and it settled down and am pretty happy. Only thing I want to switch out is to put OME 865's out back as when we really load it up for camping with the hitch box the back goes down a little more than I like.
You also might consider some AirLift bags if you don't need the extra capacity all the time. A number on here have had good luck with them. I've liked having them for camping loads, the little bit of towing I do and also help with my Thule T2 4 bike rack. Last weekend I had the bike rack, and camping gear and 35psi brought me back to unloaded height. They also seem to help mitigate sway from the extra load

@Butch1979 I decided to leave them off. I just like the looks better that way.

You also might consider some AirLift bags if you don't need the extra capacity all the time. A number on here have had good luck with them. I've liked having them for camping loads, the little bit of towing I do and also help with my Thule T2 4 bike rack. Last weekend I had the bike rack, and camping gear and 35psi brought me back to unloaded height. They also seem to help mitigate sway from the extra load

Thanks, I had not thought of this. Just looked it up and for $85 shipped for the kit I'm gonna go this route as I like the softer ride for daily use.

Thanks, I had not thought of this. Just looked it up and for $85 shipped for the kit I'm gonna go this route as I like the softer ride for daily use.
There is a pretty good install write up here. The instructions they come with are dumb.

20150427_182107.jpg

yes. pic from a long time ago when I had a set of those on the wifes LX. The tundra center caps will not work in the front unless you have spacers or you can use the caps of the original LX 16" wheels as I did.

2-jpg.323520

yes. pic from a long time ago when I had a set of those on the wifes LX. The tundra center caps will not work in the front unless you have spacers or you can use the caps of the original LX 16" wheels as I did.
Thank you sir..

Newest addition, 17" rock warrior wheels with 295/70/17s, my 10mm spacers get wheels to fit but front center caps don't clear dust covers.
ed962ca3-27e7-4b2a-adcb-17eb9936afc0_zps0itmgmhc.jpg
The 295's look beefy. Had the slee/spidertrax spacers - zero vibration .. How do the 10mm spacers behave for you as they are simply sandwiched in there?

Looks great.

These were the spacers made by a member some time back specifically for the 100, they are just sandwiched in there as you said and they run perfectly smooth with no issues. Was running them on my old wheels also just to get some of the track back in front. Also surprising is how smooth Nitto MT's are.

These were the spacers made by a member some time back specifically for the 100, they are just sandwiched in there as you said and they run perfectly smooth with no issues. Was running them on my old wheels also just to get some of the track back in front. Also surprising is how smooth Nitto MT's are.
Thanks for chiming in ! That was specifically my reason for asking - to run them on the front only to get back (closer to) to stick width.

Did you put longer lug studs in? I had some 10mm spacers but wasn't comfortable with only 5-6 threads. Ended up with 1" spacers.

No, using stock studs and I didn't count but I think I got more turns than that in both sets of wheels. Just torqued to 140 as he had recommended and have had no issues on multiple trips, some off road also while running them front and rear. May swap the front ones out for 1" though just to get the center caps on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom