2 separate battery hookups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
Hey everyone, so I bought my 94 from a private dealer who bought it from a car auction. I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years and there is not much known about its history. Solid truck, no issues, everything looks original. No modifications or upgrades were made. Now my question is that there is an extra positive, negative and ground for the battery. Did some LC's come with that option, was it done later by a previous owner or something else entirely? I have not tested the extra cables. I'll attach photos.
Thanks for any input.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Multiple wires coming from both battery post clamps is original /stock.

Looks like the battery cables may have been replaced and the old ones were left in there.

Just Toyota Redundancy. Look at how many ground wires/lugs they put on the intake manifold. From the neg battery post, one wire goes to engine/ frame and the smaller wire goes to the inner fender wall/body.

Just Toyota Redundancy. Look at how many ground wires/lugs they put on the intake manifold. From the neg battery post, one wire goes to engine/ frame and the smaller wire goes to the inner fender wall/body.

Yeah but this is extra, not redundant
image.jpg

It's in one of the thumbnailed pictures

Whatever it is going on with it, I think it is strange. The extra cables look in good shape and were just laying out, not capped. Like I wrote earlier there were no mods made. Maybe ill use my tax return and have my mechanic take a look.
Thanks to all that replied

Just follow the cables to see what the go to. Hard to imagine that the positive lied is still connected to the starter?

It could be where a plug in set of jumper cables attached. The plug is usually embedded in the grille somewhere. Then there is a set of jumper cables with clamps on one end and the matching plug on the other. Makes it quick, clean and neat to jump, as you don't need to even open the hood. Just one possibility.

This truck doesn't have an extra battery tray on the other side of the radiator, does it?

Yeah but this is extra, not redundantView attachment 1033494[/
It could be where a plug in set of jumper cables attached. The plug is usually embedded in the grille somewhere. Then there is a set of jumper cables with clamps on one end and the matching plug on the other. Makes it quick, clean and neat to jump, as you don't need to even open the hood. Just one possibility.

This truck doesn't have an extra battery tray on the other side of the radiator, does it?

It doesn't have an extra battery tray. I was able to follow the extra negative cable and it wasn't connected to the engine block or anything for that matter. Tomorrow I'll dig into the loom and see if I can find the other end of the extra positive cable. I'm thinking bmac and Bryson nailed it. That the previous owner replaced both cables and left the old ones wrapped up and hanging around.
Thanks for detective work everyone.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom