2 Questions about 2016/2017 Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually own both a 2016 LC and a 2017 LX.

I chose to drive the LC and my wife drives the LX.

A couple observations one would likely not notice unless one drove both cars for a while:

LC pros
The LC is better in feeling open and less claustrophobic in the front. LC has cup holders in the logical location just forward of the coolbox, but LX has them all the way up against the center of dash. Totally illogical and causes problems with big cups.

LC has storage above the coolbox below the armrest. Inexplicably, the LX does not. LC has more practical storage under the center of dash bc cupholders not in way.

LC now has all the same cameras as the LX and has touchscreen nav. LX has a mouse / mousepad control which takes up even more room and contributes to cluttered feeling. LC has added cooled seats and LED lights, which used to only be on LX.

LX screen (and I've not seen this mentioned anywhere) is now so big it cuts into the space where the sub for the stereo is located on top of dash. Sub for LX is now tiny compared to previous LX or current LC. Noticeable lack of bass.

LC weighs 300 lbs less. Rated to tow more.

LC digital clock. LX analog. Stupid.

LX pros
LX heads up display.
LX AHC. Other than the serious off-road naysayers, AHC is awesome. The car will lower itself allowing easy access for kids, wives, and pets. You can raise it to go through water or whatever. And best of all you can back up to a boat trailer lowered, and raise it right up onto the ball. No more cranking. It's a huge advantage.

LX has auto tailgate and auto rear seats. Not sure why that matters. I like slamming the tailgate myself and I like doing the seats myself. It's quicker.

LX has more comfortable seats, without a doubt. Also more controls to dial them in and more support.

LX does have real wood. I don't care about that.

That's about it.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing a first-hand comparison. I may have to check out the LX and its seats. How much more comfortable are they...and could that be a mod into a LC? Specifically, could you obtain and install LX seats in a LC?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing a first-hand comparison. I may have to check out the LX and its seats. How much more comfortable are they...and could that be a mod into a LC? Specifically, could you obtain and install LX seats in a LC?

Yes. It's the same vehicle. They aren't that much more comfortable. Noticeable but not installing new seats noticeable.

FWIW....Jan 2017 Motor Trend SUV of the year.
Overviews of the Land Cruiser & LX570.
Neither won (Mercedes '17 GLC got the nod)

Scan_zpsmuacjqjw.jpeg~original

Scan_zps1xk5qmic.jpeg~original

Thanks for making my day....love this thread :)

It is just amazing how far these things have come from my bone stock 1964 fj45 wagon......it doesnt even have a heater, let alone seat belts, the tailgate weights 100lbs +

Lexus looks more feminine to me. LC has more traditional looks and I prefer the less "look at me" appearance. Automated rear doors to me just sounds like potential sources of failure. As an electrical engineer I like everything "manual" if possible. Adding motors and fancy features with electronics doodads always ends up poorly after many years. The LC can tow more. To me the LC should be a practical vehicle. I'd get the Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom